Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
james-skipper wrote:
]
Gazzamatazzzz wrote:
[ ... ] what would happen if I swapped out the Float shock (210x55) for a DHX2 coil (200x77 / 400lb)? Am I right in thinking that the reduced shock length would also drop my BB height even further? So basically, changing to the DHX2 would be a bad move?

I really wouldnt mess around changing shock dimensions, youre asking for trouble doing that. If you want to play with the geometry id get offset bushings

Fair enough. I kinda thought as much... just been offered them at a really good price so I thought it'd be worth asking opinion. I'll look for a 210x55 replacement. Cheers for the advice!

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
I have a KS LEV Integra dropper post that isn't actuating. The cable was about 2 years old and seemed to be shot, along with the coupler on the dropper post. Is the coupler that connects the cable barrel to the dropper post replaceable without complete disassembly? Thanks!

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
Anyone ever use the brand X wheel trying stand that CRC sells ?

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:

You mean the X-tools stand? I haven't used either the more expensive one or the cheaper but the cheaper certainly looks cheap.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:52 Quote
billbek wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

You mean the X-tools stand? I haven't used either the more expensive one or the cheaper but the cheaper certainly looks cheap.

This one
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ca/en/x-tools-pro-mechanic-wheel-truing-stand/rp-prod122322;jsessionid=QqrvnyUeqWgKXcsDKIKoxYcX.58487e14-cc51-3897-9170-cd2e852b113b

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:56 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
billbek wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

This one
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ca/en/x-tools-pro-mechanic-wheel-truing-stand/rp-prod122322;jsessionid=QqrvnyUeqWgKXcsDKIKoxYcX.58487e14-cc51-3897-9170-cd2e852b113b

It looks pretty good.
Here is something on Kijiji. Pretty close to you.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-bike/penticton/park-tool-ts-6-truing-stand-with-base/1454818242?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 20:46 Quote
Has anyone had any experience using a shimano XT 12 speed derailleur and shifter with a Sram eagle or Sunrace 12 speed cassette? Hope does not have an option for Micro Spline so I am looking for some alternatives

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 21:18 Quote
Crampagnolo wrote:
Has anyone had any experience using a shimano XT 12 speed derailleur and shifter with a Sram eagle or Sunrace 12 speed cassette? Hope does not have an option for Micro Spline so I am looking for some alternatives
You will be stuck using a shimano shifter.
As for cassette, if you can get your paws on an eagle & xt cassette measure the gap between cogs, if its the same you should be able to use a sram unit in place of the shimano one.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:

Yes, 153 people have used it and reviewed it on the Chain Reaction site!

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 0:51 Quote
Crampagnolo wrote:

I've been told it doesn't work. SRAM Eagle spacing is not the same as new Shimano 12-speed spacing.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 5:21 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Yes, 153 people have used it and reviewed it on the Chain Reaction site!

I know that lol but I was just wondering if anyone in here had used it in had some questions

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 19:34 Quote
Does anyone know where to get red brass spoke nipples? DT Swiss only has alloy and ever where else seems to have only alloy

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Does anyone know where to get red brass spoke nipples? DT Swiss only has alloy and ever where else seems to have only alloy
Colored nipples usually only come in the alloy variety.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 20:19 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
Colored nipples usually only come in the slot variety.

Slot variety? Not sure what that is?

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 21:55 Quote
Brass nipples only come in black and silver. Colored are alloy.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017004
Mobile Version of Website