titaniumtit wrote:
Who give a flying f*ck

It’s a bike forum not a house of politics

I knew what he meant by re posting

Leave it out muppet

haha, dick

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:18 Quote
Oh yeah lets give the guy who’s the most informative, helpful, and knowledgeable guy on this thread a hard time. That’s my official downvote. Thanks your invaluable contributions to this thread Ajax-ripper.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:21 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
sosburn wrote:

its like a +1 type thing

You're the only one using this +1 convention. Maybe try a "this" like everyone else does. Its 4 extra key strokes and leaves no ambiguity

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
james-skipper wrote:
Anyone else here like bikes? we should talk about that....

Bikes are cool. Thinking about coiling my SJ Pro next. Fork feels great with air but the rear end could use more mid-travel smoothness.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
Oh yeah lets give the guy who’s the most informative, helpful, and knowledgeable guy on this thread a hard time. That’s my official downvote. Thanks your invaluable contributions to this thread Ajax-ripper.

Wonder how @ajax-ripper would downvote with his proping convention

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:48 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
sosburn wrote:

its like a +1 type thing

You're the only one using this +1 convention. Maybe try a "this" like everyone else does. Its 4 extra key strokes and leaves no ambiguity

a lot of people do that, myself included when appropriate. just get used to it, really not difficult.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:49 Quote
seraph wrote:
james-skipper wrote:

Bikes are cool. Thinking about coiling my SJ Pro next. Fork feels great with air but the rear end could use more mid-travel smoothness.

what kind of coil tho

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:59 Quote
Has anyone tried those MRP progressive coils? They seem like a pretty good way to get the best of both worlds

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 16:22 Quote
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:
james-skipper wrote:

what kind of coil tho

Probably just a DHX2. Ti coil if I can still find one.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
scjeremy wrote:

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
seraph wrote:

Probably just a DHX2. Ti coil if I can still find one.

What are the pros of ti springs? Is it just the bling factor? (which I'm all for!) or is it a fair bit lighter too?

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 17:09 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
seraph wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

You remind me of the customers who spend a fortune on a carbon frame, cranks, rims, bar, and stem without wondering if there was a way to save the same amount of weight with more thinking and less spending.

None of the carbon things on my SJ were purchased to save weight. They are all for performance/comfort reasons. And I'm also not a customer, I'm an employee. I haven't had to pay retail for almost 20 years lol

What kind of sucker pays retail? Seriously! Maybe ones who have "real" jobs and earn more in a week than us industry types save in a year. Suckers.

But anyway, a wheel is only as strong as its weakest side. One side is inherently weaker. There is little to no cost for using stronger spokes on the weak side and lighter spokes on the strong side. So ... why wouldn't you?
If you could use stronger spokes on one side then yes.

But almost all spokes are already 2mm thick at the bend, and that's where 90% of spokes break.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 17:24 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
freestyIAM wrote:
scjeremy wrote:

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 17:36 Quote
I've just noticed that in Hunts wheel line up the downhill wheel has a much smaller inner width than the Enduro wheel, is that just for strength or something??
https://www.huntbikewheels.com/collections/mtb-wheels?gclid=Cj0KCQjwho7rBRDxARIsAJ5nhFq2_SlkNRZFVZrUjWyxi07iKYidz7AGeOsg0F6JBxHUksGNB9_6s7MaAmZvEALw_wcB

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028445
Mobile Version of Website