Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 6:48 Quote
Did you use the top cap? It needs to be on top of the steerer to keep it from sliding down. If it is loose enough to go down it should be loose enough to come up.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
sjb1781 wrote:
Hi, anyone know if I can restore the carbon finish on my 2017 stumpy?

Yes it can be done.

Hmmmm how !? Care to share to the chap with the Q

Lightly sand it with a grey scotch pad be very careful when sanding -you just want to lightly scuff it up enough for the primer to adhere
Clean frame thoroughly with soap and water
Apply primer that is compatible with carbon fibre
Paint with automotive paint
Clear coat it for durability

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
Did you use the top cap? It needs to be on top of the steerer to keep it from sliding down. If it is loose enough to go down it should be loose enough to come up.
Used a spare stem and a few spacers and that did the trick. Wasn't what I expected, it was a plug as you said. Thanks for the help!

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 14:46 Quote
Are Ti-SPRINGS.com all that bad? I can remember seeing some pretty damning reviews on one of these threads somewhere and was wondering if anyone has had issues with them? I'm thinking about picking up one of their bolt kits but if they give people issues on any of their products I'd rather steer clear

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 15:09 Quote
I see Harry Main got a free Ti spring in rainbow colour for his nomad thing

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 15:13 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
I see Harry Main got a free Ti spring in rainbow colour for his nomad thing

Cant say I'm up to date with his builds to be honest. Not a massive fan of his style on camera, guessing he probably got turned onto them by Matt Jones

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 16:14 Quote
Yh he talks too much that bugs me plus hes gone too lets make tshirts make money shit

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 17:57 Quote
Are the maxxis widetrails true to size or are they still undersized like the old maxxis tires

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 18:15 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Are the maxxis widetrails true to size or are they still undersized like the old maxxis tires
All the widetrail does to my knowledge is adjust your corner knobs to be larger and in a better position for the larger rims that are designed for.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 22:44 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:

Pretty close. An old 2.7" might measure 2.3" - 2.35", for example, but a new 2.5" on a 30 mm rim shouldn't be less than 2.4". A 2.6" on 35 mm rim is pretty much spot-on after a few days at high pressure.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 1:08 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:

Maxxis wt come as 2.5

Maxxis minion 2.5wt on a 33mm id rim are 65mm wide
And
Maxxis aggressor 2.5wt an a 33mm id rim are 63mm wide

These are from what i had after a few months so they had time to settle down, measured from egde of tyre not casing

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 1:09 Quote
The both were exo's 29x2.5wts

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
Thanks for the info guys

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
The Code caliper is universal right? It's just the lever thats different between the R and the RSC right?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016716
Mobile Version of Website