5 minute job with the right tool

leave them to it while you browse and make an impulse purchase Wink

How's life in Antarctica?

lol cool.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 16:48 Quote
Cash always works for me at my lbs...Big Grin

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 23:33 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Got a new shock and don't have a vice at home... is walking into a bike shop with a 6 pack of good beer a fair enough offer for them to press hardware out of old shock and into new shock? Seems like a pretty quick job but I don't want to bodge it with a hammer and risk trashing the bushings or hardware...would pay em for their time as well, obviously depends how busy they are if they will do it on the spot so I can ride it tomorrow.

Just don't want to be an ass if no bueno.

Trickstuff has a little tool called Presswurst for replacing shock bushings that does not require a workbench or vice.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 0:36 Quote
Just bought a monarch rt3 debonair shock. Is it meant to make a squishy sound as it compresses and also i had to put 250psi in it to reach 30% sag is this normal. My old minarch r i had 190psi in which is what i weighed with gear and that gave me 25% sag

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
Aptlynamed wrote:
gramboh wrote:
Got a new shock and don't have a vice at home... is walking into a bike shop with a 6 pack of good beer a fair enough offer for them to press hardware out of old shock and into new shock? Seems like a pretty quick job but I don't want to bodge it with a hammer and risk trashing the bushings or hardware...would pay em for their time as well, obviously depends how busy they are if they will do it on the spot so I can ride it tomorrow.

Just don't want to be an ass if no bueno.

Trickstuff has a little tool called Presswurst for replacing shock bushings that does not require a workbench or vice.

Sweet, thanks for the tip dude... not cheap but might grab one since a vice isn't practical until I have a workshop.

Shout out to Spoke Haven in Squamish - brand new shop focused mostly on service. They had their grand opening today and helped me out with the shock, cool guys and a good operation they have going.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 1:13 Quote
Rockshox sell a hardware press and it’s like 20 bucks.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
Hello,
On my Commencal meta am (2012), at the lower pivot (lower junction between rear and front triangle) there is a slice with a beveled edge and I don't remember which side goes to the bearing. Can't find a clue on the wiiiiiide internet, so your help will be most welcomed.

Thanks PB's!

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
kahert wrote:
Hello,
On my Commencal meta am (2012), at the lower pivot (lower junction between rear and front triangle) there is a slice with a beveled edge and I don't remember which side goes to the bearing. Can't find a clue on the wiiiiiide internet, so your help will be most welcomed.

Thanks PB's!

Normally levelled edge is out, flat side to bearing. It's a dirt shield and spacer all in one.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 9:49 Quote
It looks more logical this way than the way I thought it was set.
Thanks JohnyBoy

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
Does it matter what hydraulic hose I use for a reverb stealth?
Should I go with the rockshox brand hosing (planning to switch to the original barb fitting and losing the connectamajig), some expensive jagwire one, or the cheapest one I can find.
Mainly just looking to not spend 40$ on some hydraulic hose.

Thanks

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 16:30 Quote
Owensven wrote:
Should I go with the rockshox brand hosing (planning to switch to the original barb fitting and losing the connectamajig), some expensive jagwire one, or the cheapest one I can find.

Thanks
Why do you want to get rid of the connect a ma jig?

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 22:16 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Owensven wrote:

Thanks
Why do you want to get rid of the connect a ma jig?
I want to get rid of it so that I can fit my dropper just a little bit farther down.

Also the previous owner of my bike really did a number on the post end of the hose and kinked it badly enough where the remote is hard to press and comes up slowly, so i figured its time for a hose replacement anyways.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018542
Mobile Version of Website