Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 15:26 Quote
hi guys , i have a zee rear derailleur with clucth and it is really silent in the highest gear , but when i start lowering gears the derailleur make a lot of noise when landing or even riding down stair , does anyone know how to fix this ?

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 16:05 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
hi guys , i have a zee rear derailleur with clucth and it is really silent in the highest gear , but when i start lowering gears the derailleur make a lot of noise when landing or even riding down stair , does anyone know how to fix this ?
The clutch mechanism might require to be serviced or tightened a bit. How old would the derailleur be?

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
dhcharly wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
The clutch mechanism might require to be serviced or tightened a bit. How old would the derailleur be?

Yep, sounds like the clutch has broken, worn, or backed off a little.

Here's a video tutorial. If it's not broken, just do as the kind, listless gentleman instructs and you should be back to hucking stair sets in silence ... to the extent that's possible.

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 18:16 Quote
JamesOliver wrote:
I need to replace the lower bearing on an old Ritchey WCS straight steerer 1 1/8 headset. Which of the 2 options is the correct one? Thanks

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/ritchey-wcs-headset-lowers-drop-in/

The top one...the numbers are the inside of the bearing diameter and the outside just so you know

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 5:53 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
JamesOliver wrote:
I need to replace the lower bearing on an old Ritchey WCS straight steerer 1 1/8 headset. Which of the 2 options is the correct one? Thanks

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/ritchey-wcs-headset-lowers-drop-in/

The top one...the numbers are the inside of the bearing diameter and the outside just so you know

no , its like 1 month old

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
I'm after a Super deluxe ultimate coil in 230x60. They don't sell one without a remote or bearing mount(as far as I can tell) Anyone know if you can reduce the stroke of the 230x65 or increase the 230x57.5? If so is it easy enough to at home? Thanks in advance.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
I just got this used wheelset from a friend but they've got no decals, whats a good way to try and identify the brand and model, or at least whether they're carbon or aluminum?

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
Owensven wrote:
I just got this used wheelset from a friend but they've got no decals, whats a good way to try and identify the brand and model, or at least whether they're carbon or aluminum?

Gently tap the rims with something metal - you'll be able to tell whether they're carbon or alu from the sound this makes Wink
Possibly worth looking at the hubs to see if there are any markings that could indicate the make.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Pics?
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
Aluminum.
There is a clear seam in the first pic.

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
potato wrote:
Aluminum.
There is a clear seam in the first pic.

yeah, cut from the sleeve joint

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
Look like Mavic of the hardercore variation

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
Can anyone tell me how to identify the year of a Rockshox Reverb seatpost? Is there a way to tell from the serial number?

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
FirstFox wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to identify the year of a Rockshox Reverb seatpost? Is there a way to tell from the serial number?

Nope, its more important to understand the model numbers, A1, A2 and B1 and nows the latest stuff. These are separated by the colours of the top cap nut and remote speed adjuster and also what's written on the moving post under the saddle.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.132453
Mobile Version of Website