Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
Directly from RF/Fox

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
Where can us Canadians buy FOX lubes and parts? OGC is useless. If lubes are to hard to find, what are some good alternatives?
fox comes from Raceface/Easton/Fox

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 16:56 Quote
Does anyone have a recommendations for a cool gold 11spd chain that i can buy online and doesnt cost 40$?

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
Bflutz625 wrote:
Where can us Canadians buy FOX lubes and parts? OGC is useless. If lubes are to hard to find, what are some good alternatives?

? So I can order Fox parts from race face??

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 17:30 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
Bflutz625 wrote:

? So I can order Fox parts from race face??
If you have a raceface dealer b2b login, yes. If not, your shop probably does.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
Owensven wrote:
Does anyone have a recommendations for a cool gold 11spd chain that i can buy online and doesnt cost 40$?

Both KMC and YBN are fairly inexpensive.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 18:55 Quote
Any tips for getting the bead seated on a tubeless fat bike tire? I've seated one side with a tube, but can't seem to get the other side.

I'm using a tubeless pump (the bontrager one) as well as compressing some of the tire itself to push the bead further towards the edge.

I've confirmed it can hold air when I deflated the original tube and it shriveled up.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 19:09 Quote
Ratchet strap to hold the tire down while you're inflating?

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 20:37 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
Thanks

email info@suspensionwerx.com maybe they can help you.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 20:54 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
Any tips for getting the bead seated on a tubeless fat bike tire? I've seated one side with a tube, but can't seem to get the other side.

I'm using a tubeless pump (the bontrager one) as well as compressing some of the tire itself to push the bead further towards the edge.

I've confirmed it can hold air when I deflated the original tube and it shriveled up.

Make sure you remove the valve core before you try to blast the air into it.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 22:12 Quote
seraph wrote:
coaster156 wrote:

Also lay it flat on something like a bucket with the open bead facing down. That way the weight of the tire is working for you instead of against you.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 5:03 Quote
Duderz7 wrote:
seraph wrote:
coaster156 wrote:

Also lay it flat on something like a bucket with the open bead facing down. That way the weight of the tire is working for you instead of against you.

The problem may be your Bontrager tubeless pump doesn't blast enough volume of air for a fat bike tire as it's designed for just enough volume to seat a regular tire. Use a compressor or air pig instead and as seraph suggested remove the valve core and blast the air right in.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
Ok, I'll try out using a compressor today. Gotta head into the shop for that.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
Ok, I'll try out using a compressor today. Gotta head into the shop for that.
What where you charging your pump to before pulling the lever?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014580
Mobile Version of Website