Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 18:48 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
What's generally considered the a decently comfy saddle? (For an enduro bike). Chromag has a bunch of good looking stuff, but I'm having a tough time deciding on one.

I have a chromag trailmaster DT and it’s compfy I don’t wear padded shorts and I can pedal without it hurting

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 18:52 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
People, yes including dudes, seem to like the Mimic saddle from Spec. Haven't ridden it myself.

I can't do the Mimic or the Power. Too short. My go-to for road is the Romin and MTB is the Phenom.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
seraph wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
People, yes including dudes, seem to like the Mimic saddle from Spec. Haven't ridden it myself.

I can't do the Mimic or the Power. Too short. My go-to for road is the Romin and MTB is the Phenom.

how does the SWAT storage work on the Phenom?

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:
spaceofades wrote:

I never used it because it was on a SJ with SWAT in the downtube.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
What are the best flat pedal shoe for around £20-£30

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
Ok, thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:
spaceofades wrote:

The "mountain bandit" swat system mounts with the two bolts under the saddle. It holds a tube, co2 cartridge/adapter and tire lever. Put everything in its place and a strong velcro strap holds it all together. Really not too bad for $20 or so.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 13:33 Quote
kwapik wrote:
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:

The "mountain bandit" swat system mounts with the two bolts under the saddle. It holds a tube, co2 cartridge/adapter and tire lever. Put everything in its place and a strong velcro strap holds it all together. Really not too bad for $20 or so.

Thats sick, guess i got my next saddle. thanks

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
shop peeps - How much does a kashima 36 CSU usually cost?

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
MuleTB123 wrote:
What are the best flat pedal shoe for around £20-£30
It’s going to be tough at that price. Probably online sale of discontinued model and get lucky with the correct size. Or Vans. Apparently they have a new tacky sole that’s supposed to hook up pretty well with flats.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
sosburn wrote:
FWIW, I called Marzocchi/Fox back in like July to see about a replacement stanchion for a Bomber 58. I recall being quoted $130 for kashima and it was $100 for black ano. I'd suspect that a 36 csu would be at least 2x as expensive. You could always call Fox

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
chacou wrote:
sosburn wrote:
FWIW, I called Marzocchi/Fox back in like July to see about a replacement stanchion for a Bomber 58. I recall being quoted $130 for kashima and it was $100 for black ano. I'd suspect that a 36 csu would be at least 2x as expensive. You could always call Fox

Fuk
i really just need a longer steerer tube but most used forks are already cut to like 2 inches

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 15:44 Quote
sosburn wrote:
chacou wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Fuk
i really just need a longer steerer tube but most used forks are already cut to like 2 inches
have you considered a non-kashima? Believe me, you won't notice the difference

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 15:48 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
sosburn wrote:
chacou wrote:

Fuk
have you considered a non-kashima? Believe me, you won't notice the difference

yeah im not worried about feeling a difference i'd just like to retain the kashima so it "matches" my rear shock
(since the X2 stanchion is more like bronze than kashima lmao)

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
sosburn wrote:
coaster156 wrote:
What's generally considered the a decently comfy saddle? (For an enduro bike). Chromag has a bunch of good looking stuff, but I'm having a tough time deciding on one.

I too would like to know this as the WTB volt comp ive been recycling for a few years is dying

I've been riding a WTB Pure Progel since coming off my trusty Charge Spoon. Loved the Spoon's shape but this is infinitely more comfortable for all-day epics!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011207
Mobile Version of Website