Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 21:02 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
Fair enough
Most shops that offer rear suspension service have less than 80% success rate. Not advisable to recommend self service for most people.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 21:28 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Bflutz625 wrote:
Fair enough
Most shops that offer rear suspension service have less than 80% success rate. Not advisable to recommend self service for most people.
what happens to the 20% shocks that fail at the shops?

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
chickenrunz wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Bflutz625 wrote:
Fair enough
what happens to the 20% shocks that fail at the shops?
They go to fox/rs/ etc

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
Me shock will not extent past this position. What may be the issue?
photo

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
Too much negative air pressure possibly.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 15:59 Quote
I don't think that the DB Air has adjustable negative air pressure.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
Yes but if you have a lot of pressure in any shock and deflate it too quickly the brief pressure difference between the positive and negative chamber can push the piston past the transfer port and the air cannot escape the negative camber thus leaving the shock ‘stuck down’. Here’s a video of the worst case scenario,

https://youtu.be/HCCQeLTTKes

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
seraph wrote:
I don't think that the DB Air has adjustable negative air pressure.
internal seal most likely . Hope it’s a warranty issue. Only about 60 miles on it .

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 16:16 Quote
Try to inflate it. If the shock begins to extend keep going. This will bring the piston to the port so that they can equalize.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 16:20 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
Try to inflate it. If the shock begins to extend keep going. This will bring the piston to the port so that they can equalize.
the photo shows how much it will extend .

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 16:44 Quote
Does it just immediately stop or does it get increasingly harder

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 16:51 Quote
*insert CC being shitty comment*

mine did that, was a warranty issue, don’t remember exactly what they said though.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 19:01 Quote
sosburn wrote:
*insert CC being shitty comment*

mine did that, was a warranty issue, don’t remember exactly what they said though.

Something something seals get nicked or rolled during assembly something something, or the sealhead is out of date and there's an update one...

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 20:35 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
Me shock will not extent past this position. What may be the issue?
photo
This is almost always caused by a hard bottom out in cold weather, if you can disassemble the air spring and reassemble with new love you should be good to go.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 23:05 Quote
chickenrunz wrote:
Tall7kiwi wrote:
coaster156 wrote:

The SLX is actually 46T (although it's listed as medium cage, which is curious).

And of course it'll work slightly above/below the listed range, it doesn't magically stop working at that number.

After researching this comment chain a bit further it's very confusing, but it seems like the original question is asking what cassette to run with a M6000 derailleur. See the second last post on this page.
Then traqs wrote he is running an 11 spd 11-50 cassette, which won't work with the M6000 (10 vs 11 spd).
At this point, everyone seems to have gotten confused and off track, as a bit of research on the original posters (chickenrunz) would reveal there are only medium cage options available for the M6000 (there are 2 variants, a SGS, with 36T max, and GS, with 42T max).

They could alternatively get a Sunrace CSMZ800 12 spd cassette (which will fit there existing freehub), and a 12 shifter/der (NX 12 spd). This would run them about $320 CAD, although just getting the Deore der and an 11-42 10 spd cassette would be cheaper.

Definitely seems like it regarding people going off topic...

I forgot to say that the SLX mech (M7000) 11spd only comes in GS like you mentioned. The SGS version of the M7000 mech is 10 spd only. Whereas the XT (M8000) 11spd comes in GS and SGS. Anyways. I ordered the SLX GS 11spd mech so fingers crossed the 11-50T cassette works lol.

Please let me know if it works. Interested to know

Hey. Just installed the Sunrace 11spd 50T cassette on my 2017 Remedy 7 and it is running flawlessly. I have the Shimano SLX 11spd GS (yes, the medium cage mech). I still have room left in the b-tension screw as well. Am planning on going for a ride tomorrow but so far it shifts amazingly.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.814634
Mobile Version of Website