Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
chickenrunz wrote:
what lube do/should one use/how to clean dropper post stanchion after a ride? sram butter or fork oil (without disassembling post, ie just cycle up/down)?
Maxima makes a spray polish (sc1) that works very well.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
chickenrunz wrote:
what lube do/should one use/how to clean dropper post stanchion after a ride? sram butter or fork oil (without disassembling post, ie just cycle up/down)?

I use a very thick fork oil. As ajax-ripper mentioned, there are spray options, including basic silicone sprays and products marketed specifically for suspension forks.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 15:00 Quote
Hey Guys Im trying to put a straight steerer fork on my tapered frame.

Frame is a pslope. The pslope runs an integrated headset. ( I believe)

Having trouble getting it sorted out, my LBS said they can’t find the correct headset because the lower bearing is internal- no cup.

Can anyone recommend what headset, or should I take it to a different shop?

Headsets have always been confusing for me

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 15:08 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

Having trouble getting it sorted out, my LBS said they can’t find the correct headset because the lower bearing is internal- no cup.

Is it 44/56 headtube? Is so get the reducer that hope sells

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

According to spec website. It comes with FSA orbit. If yours didn't come with one. Then that one will work. FSA makes a reducer crown race for the orbit headset

Edit. I have an extra one. Pm me and we can work something out

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 16:07 Quote
Just picked up a hope x12 conversion for my pro 4s one end cap is Chrome the other is black which side is which

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 16:08 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Just picked up a hope x12 conversion for my pro 4s one end cap is Chrome the other is black which side is which

Chrome is drive side.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 17:29 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

You just need the appropriate adapter race, any shop should be able to order you one.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 17:43 Quote
Thanks for the info guys. I asked talkingspoon if I can just bring it to him

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 18:58 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Chrome is drive side.
Thanks man

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
Can anyone recommend a decent strap wrench? I have a cheap plastic one that's on its last legs, had a look on ebay but most of the ones on there look identical to the one I have.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 13:22 Quote
Don't know if the boa branded ones are any better, the rubber always perished on mine.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
Hi guys,

Just bought a new wheel set, spank spike vibrocore 350, and have stalled my cassette (sram pg-1130 nx 11-42) and now the cassette lock ring is sitting almost flush with the hub end cap so that when I put the wheel into my frame the wheel can't sink because the cassette locking is being pushed up against the frame and the endocarp isn't sitting against the frame. What can I do?

Frame is a 2018 konap process 153 27.5 AL and the wheels are spank spike 350 vibrocore boost.

Cheers,
Elias

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 13:49 Quote
dingus wrote:
Can anyone recommend a decent strap wrench? I have a cheap plastic one that's on its last legs, had a look on ebay but most of the ones on there look identical to the one I have.

I feel like they are all the same ....

But that said, these Klein tool ones look pretty classy (no personal experience with them)

https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/strap-wrenches/grip-it-strap-wrench-1-12-5-inch-6-inch-l

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 15:21 Quote
Alright I'm trying to mount a 4.6" Specialized Ground Control tire on a Mulefut 80 rim. The bike was set up tubeless previously, and the dude that owns it burped the tire, and left it sitting is his garage for months with the tire partially mounted to the wheel. As a result, there is significant deformation on the tire bead.

As of right now, I can't even get it to mount with a tube. Suggestions?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018171
Mobile Version of Website