Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 14:27 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
talkingspoon wrote:
[ ... ] appropriate size socket [ ... ]

To clarify, the socket should contact the inner race of the bearing and nothing else.

Actually, the socket it to fit the nut on the axle to tap the axle out.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
No harm in hitting the nut. If the axle puts up any resistance, it's best to not side-load the bearing, so a socket to support the inner race would be ideal.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 15:56 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
No harm in hitting the nut. If the axle puts up any resistance, it's best to not side-load the bearing, so a socket to support the inner race would be ideal.

Based off the picture. It looks like one of the bearings is required to come out with the axle

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 16:02 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

Based off the picture. It looks like one of the bearings is required to come out with the axle

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 16:21 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

Ah, maybe so.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 17:03 Quote
One or all of the pawls have gone bad. the freehub should lift out from the RH side, give the axle a tap on the RH side while holding the freehub and it should lift away.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 18:38 Quote
Just checking, is there any downside to using a 12sp chain on an 11sp derailleur/cassette?

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 18:41 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Just checking, is there any downside to using a 12sp chain on an 11sp derailleur/cassette?

Nope. Runs a lot better imo.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
00.4019.932.001 is the part number for the new air spring for the Lyrik/Yari, eh?

On an different, but related, note, is there a significant enough difference in performance to justify upgrading it? (2018 vs 2019 debonair).

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
sherbet wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Nope. Runs a lot better imo.

yeet.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 6:30 Quote
Hi,

I have a 2017 RockShox Lyrik RC 29 at 160mm

I need to reduce the travel to 130mm.

Can someone please confirm that I need part number 00.4019.932.005

?

thanks !

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
I'm looking to replace the braided lines on my hope tech 3 V4's to non-braided.
I have a brand new set of Code R brakes with non-braided lines.

Can i swap the lines or are Sram / Hope brake lines specific to one another?
For example are the inside diameters of the hoses the same?
I'm just asking about the hoses; my LBS would swap the fittings (assuming they fit the other hose)

TIA

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
Bluewater87 wrote:

I'm just asking about the hoses; my LBS would swap the fittings (assuming they fit the other hose)

TIA

SRAM and Hope hoses are very different from one another. You will need a Hope hose for a Hope brake.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
In theory they're the same (banjo at the caliper and direct mount at the lever) but seraph is correct. That swap ain't gonna work (new code/level/guide banjo is a proprietary fitting to sram calipers) Just as easy to get the genuine line kit as it would be to get something to bodge it.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
Bluewater87 wrote:

TIA
Why would you want to make your brakes perform worse?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023729
Mobile Version of Website