Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 19:06 Quote
The noise is caused by fluid moving through the rebound circuit. As the fluid sees more restriction (more rebound) it starts to make noise as it passes through. This is pretty common with most shocks and likely isn't something to worry about. However if adjusting the rebound doesn't actually slow things down this is a good indication that the fluid is aerated and that a rebuild is in your future.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
Yea I know what your talking about ajax, my vivid doesn't little squelches as I compress and jump and stuff. This doesn't sound normal more of a big squelch, like something is wrong I'm not filmilar which CC shocks so I have no idea if it's supposed to be "normal" and cc is used till the 13th

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 20:37 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Yea I know what your talking about ajax, my vivid doesn't little squelches as I compress and jump and stuff. This doesn't sound normal more of a big squelch, like something is wrong I'm not filmilar which CC shocks so I have no idea if it's supposed to be "normal" and cc is used till the 13th

Drop http://suspensionwerx.com/ a message, they deal with C.C

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
My buddy has a CC double barrel inline coil shock and its making a squelching noise when we turn in the HSR when it HSR is all the way out the shock is silent but a half a turn in and the noise starts, any ideas?
I had that issue too. Mine would nonstop squelch too. It seems to be a first gen Cane Creek DB inline issue. but the only way i remedied the issue was by carrying a bottle of silicon lube and drippin a good ounce into the seal till it stopped squeaking.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 12:06 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
The noise is caused by fluid moving through the rebound circuit. As the fluid sees more restriction (more rebound) it starts to make noise as it passes through. This is pretty common with most shocks and likely isn't something to worry about. However if adjusting the rebound doesn't actually slow things down this is a good indication that the fluid is aerated and that a rebuild is in your future.

I think what he means is like "Cane Creak", its realllllly loud. way louder than any shock i've used and way louder than any new cane creek

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 14:25 Quote
are nicolai and geometrön is the same brand ? confused a bit

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 14:31 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
from what i understand its a hot tub/jacuzzi situation. All geometrons are nicolais, but not all nicolais are geometrons.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 15:08 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
from what i understand its a hot tub/jacuzzi situation. All geometrons are nicolais, but not all nicolais are geometrons.

Correct. "Geometron" is the partnership between Nicolai and Chris Porter / Mojo Suspension.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 15:15 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

Correct. "Geometron" is the partnership between Nicolai and Chris Porter / Mojo Suspension.

Got it thanks

G1 is very decent tho

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
They are such beautiful bikes. The only time I would choose metal over carbon.

I have a Saturn 14 in my basket at bikediscount.de after exchange rate it comes to $2500 usd shipped to my door.

Some day I will click that buy button.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 15:54 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
They are such beautiful bikes. The only time I would choose metal over carbon.

I have a Saturn 14 in my basket at bikediscount.de after exchange rate it comes to $2500 usd shipped to my door.

Some day I will click that buy button.

if i have enough money maybe one day i can too

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 19:38 Quote
Hi guys
Anyone know if you can o can't ride a rockshox fork without the rebound adjuster knob?
The little ring is bended and I cant put the knob, or at least not good enough to not loose it when riding.

photo

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 20:27 Quote
Yeah, don't worry. The older rockshox rebound knobs used to fall out while riding quite often, doesn't affect the fork. You can use an allen key as an adjuster if needed.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 21:05 Quote
riish wrote:
Yeah, don't worry. The older rockshox rebound knobs used to fall out while riding quite often, doesn't affect the fork. You can use an allen key as an adjuster if needed.
This, the foot bolt does all the securing of the spring / damper the rebound deal is insignificant in the grande scheme of things.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 22:19 Quote
Yep , I used to take mine out before they fell out

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022792
Mobile Version of Website