Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 10:25 Quote
jespinal wrote:
What's the concensus on magura mt5?
My deores simply aren't cutting it and now I am faced with three options

Replace my callipers to Shimano MT520s
Replace my callipers to Shimanto mt420s
Replace both brakes for magura mt5

The difference in price is about 50€ more expensive for the magura

I am a heavy guy (115kg or 240+ in freedom units) and also my bike will see occasional blue trails on bikeparks

Also the nukeproof 35mm stem mad emy life better in every single aspect

No more numb peepee

Magura 4pot calipers shimano levers, best of both worlds

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Rotors and pads are coming soon but since the maguras are at a really good pricepoint I thought I may as well just test the waters in the mean time

If you want to save a bit throw a 4 piston on the front for added braking.

I have used Magura in the past and felt they where very good brakes. They have more of Sram feel as in they may feel mushy compared to the Shimano brakes at first but the power comes on slower and later in the stroke.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
Broke my 2020 SRAM X1 1x11 rear derailleur. Wondering if I can replace with 2020 XT rear der 1x11, long cage. Using existing SRAM cassette and SRAM shifter. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 13:22 Quote
kkoenig wrote:
Broke my 2020 SRAM X1 1x11 rear derailleur. Wondering if I can replace with 2020 XT rear der 1x11, long cage. Using existing SRAM cassette and SRAM shifter. Thanks.

Generally speaking you can't mix SRAM and Shimano shifters/derailleurs (chains and cassettes you can though). There are a few specific scenarios where you can, but I'm pretty confident (without doing any research) this isn't one of them. I'd just grab a GX and be on my way.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 16:09 Quote
can i use 29 foxy frame with 27.5 plus wheels ? normally bb is 355mm with 27.5 wheel 340 i think (?)

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 16:11 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
can i use 29 foxy frame with 27.5 plus wheels ? normally bb is 355mm with 27.5 wheel 340 i think (?)

I'm running my 27.5 frame with 26er wheels.. only thing I notice is that I get a few more pedal strikes when climbing

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 16:12 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

I'm running my 27.5 frame with 26er wheels.. only thing I notice is that I get a few more pedal strikes when climbing

i hope it works well found a very very good deal (around 1200 euro) on a foxy frame and dont have the money to change my fortus 30 wheels

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 16:16 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

i hope it works well found a very very good deal (around 1200 euro) on a foxy frame and dont have the money to change my fortus 30 wheels

Im in the same boat had a 26er bike with all the parts and didn't want to dish out money for a new fork and wheels so I just ran with it.. gunna switch this winter though I think mostly cuz good 26er tires are getting hard to find

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 16:20 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Im in the same boat had a 26er bike with all the parts and didn't want to dish out money for a new fork and wheels so I just ran with it.. gunna switch this winter though I think mostly cuz good 26er tires are getting hard to find

Yeah without the dj bikes 26 is nearly dead right now, but you will be happy on the 27.5 i think. I didn't felt much of a difference on the poppy handling when i changed to 27.5

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 16:30 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

Yeah without the dj bikes 26 is nearly dead right now, but you will be happy on the 27.5 i think. I didn't felt much of a difference on the poppy handling when i changed to 27.5

Yea I don't think I will notice a difference either.
And a having a bigger range of tires would be nice.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 16:31 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Yea I don't think I will notice a difference either.
And a having a bigger range of tires would be nice.

Salute

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 22:48 Quote
Noeserd wrote:

Assuming it has enough clearance for wide tires, the Foxy 29 is a good candidate for this, as the BB is somewhat high. You can improve your clearance in a few ways:

• More low-speed compression damping.
• If you use an air spring, remove volume reducers and run higher pressure than you would if reducers were present.
• Shorter cranks.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 23:58 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Rotors and pads are coming soon but since the maguras are at a really good pricepoint I thought I may as well just test the waters in the mean time
Personally I wouldn't do it for the following reasons:
*I've experienced nothing but poor reliability with Magura brakes.
*Replacement parts are not easy to come by. If you roast a set of pads while out on a riding trip you aren't finding a new pair locally.
*Lever ergonomics are pretty terrible and leave my hands aching after not much time.

TL;DR they're hot garbage and I wouldn't spend a dime on them.

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 1:52 Quote
Shimano it is then lol

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 3:03 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

Assuming it has enough clearance for wide tires, the Foxy 29 is a good candidate for this, as the BB is somewhat high. You can improve your clearance in a few ways:

• More low-speed compression damping.
• If you use an air spring, remove volume reducers and run higher pressure than you would if reducers were present.
• Shorter cranks.

Foxy's max tyre width is 63mm according to mondraker, i will be fine in 2.6 tyres probably

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012245
Mobile Version of Website