Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 3:16 Quote
how can I attach photo here?

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 9:48 Quote
NikoLucic wrote:
how can I attach photo here?

Upload it to your Pinkbike profile, or link to it if it's on another image hosting site.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 10:32 Quote
What possible freehub body replacements are there for a sunringle dirty flea? Original part# is EH0910T. I can't seem to find an equivalent, an am unaware of other 9/10 speed bodies with the same interface. Called Hayes and no one answered...

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
Will a 10 speed Shimano chain connecting pin work on an 11 speed chain?

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
gcmartini wrote:
What possible freehub body replacements are there for a sunringle dirty flea? Original part# is EH0910T. I can't seem to find an equivalent, an am unaware of other 9/10 speed bodies with the same interface. Called Hayes and no one answered...

I believe the flea hubs (flea, jumping flea, dirty flea etc) are all the same hub internals wise, and are the same genetics as the stans 3.30 and spank oozy hubs.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 12:46 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Not well, if it all. Even if it does work, it'd create a weak point in the chain, leading to eventual failure at that point.

Basically, get the correct connecting pin and you'll be fine.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
watch123 wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Not well, if it all. Even if it does work, it'd create a weak point in the chain, leading to eventual failure at that point.

100% get the right pin

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
watch123 wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

100% get the right pin

Thanks. Was trying to avoid going out. To the bike shop...!

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 16:08 Quote
Hey guys I’m trying to buy a 160mm air shaft for a Pike but all the new debonair air shafts are sold out. What isn’t sold out is the older generation debonair but this one says it’s for A1 and A2 2014-2017 Pikes. Mine is a 2019 and these air shafts look identical. Is there any reason why I can’t use that?

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 16:09 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Hey guys I’m trying to buy a 160mm air shaft for a Pike but all the new debonair air shafts are sold out. What isn’t sold out is the older generation debonair but this one says it’s for A1 and A2 2014-2017 Pikes. Mine is a 2019 and these air shafts look identical. Is there any reason why I can’t use that?

I have a 160mm airshaft from a 2016 pike, not sure if it'll fit, but if it does, PM me, more than happy to send it over. Somld my bike with the pike on it, so its just spare parts, just gotta dig it up from the pile of spare parts

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 17:39 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:

I have a 160mm airshaft from a 2016 pike, not sure if it'll fit, but if it does, PM me, more than happy to send it over. Somld my bike with the pike on it, so its just spare parts, just gotta dig it up from the pile of spare parts

Right on! Ya I’m just trying to find out if there’s anything different with the upper tubes or something before I attempt this

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 7:01 Quote
Is there a trick to taking off new cranks or I just have to lean in on the bitch

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 8:30 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Is there a trick to taking off new cranks or I just have to lean in on the bitch

What kind of crankset? It depends, some need a puller, some just unscrew (my Raceface ones), others are overly complex and annoying.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
jespinal wrote:
What cranks? Which part is fighting you? If it's a self extraction bolt on a splined interface more torque is your solution.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 10:22 Quote

Nope, only difference between older and newer debonair are the longer seal head and longer footnut on the newer design. If you buy the older style and then swap the sealhead and footnut from you existing spring onto it, you will have the latest spec debonair spring in 160mm.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030925
Mobile Version of Website