Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: 1 days ago Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Does anyone have a clean method or preferred tool for pulling blind bearings, especially when a pair is closely spaced, such as at a chainstay pivot?

I'm aware of slide hammer kits and the BearingProTools kits. Any other favourite tools or methods?

Thanks!

These are a little pricy, but they’re nice.

https://wheelsmfg.com/presses-tools/bearing-extractors.html

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Similar to the BearingProTools items. Not too expensive for just a couple of specific sizes.

Thanks!

Posted: 24 hours ago Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Warranty tup

I think they were bought in around 2016/2017 and I don't have any receipts since the bike was second hand so not sure I could?

Posted: 23 hours ago Quote
Hi
I would like to lower my 2020 29er lyriks to 140mm with the yari debonair 2021 upgrade air shaft. Could anyone tell me if this is the right one as I can’t seem to find out if it’s for a 29 or for 27.5. Manufacturer Part Numbers 140 mm: 00.4020.572.004

Thanks

Posted: 23 hours ago Quote
Are there any conversion kit that convert my m8000 qr rear hub to 142 axle

Posted: 21 hours ago Quote
threeofswords wrote:
Hi
I would like to lower my 2020 29er lyriks to 140mm with the yari debonair 2021 upgrade air shaft. Could anyone tell me if this is the right one as I can’t seem to find out if it’s for a 29 or for 27.5. Manufacturer Part Numbers 140 mm: 00.4020.572.004

Thanks

looks right to me according to the manual, https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/service-manuals/rockshox/front-suspension/gen.0000000005734-service-manual-debonair-upgrade-kit.pdf

Posted: 20 hours ago Quote
elcam wrote:
I need some help sizing my chain for the Shimano 12 speed. I have the 45 SLX cassette, but the XT long cage derailleur. I realize this is the wrong combo, but I've been breaking the chain and recently bought a new one and want to get it right. LBS told me to wrap it around the largest cog, then add two links... seems super tight to me? Do they mean four - two inner, two outer? Thx

Park tool have a video for same.

Someone else here said it correct. Remove your shock, wrap the chain around chain ring and biggest sprocket. Add two links to where the two ends meet up and bobs yer uncle. Go up rather than down a link if it’s an uneven match for the likes of a master link join.

Posted: 20 hours ago Quote
So- can anyone tell me what’s the biggest size rotor you can safely run on a Fox 36?

Fox reference 203mm, but don’t actually say it’s the biggest they recommend.

Posted: 20 hours ago Quote
Noeserd wrote:
Are there any conversion kit that convert my m8000 qr rear hub to 142 axle

Nope . See the differences down to the actual hub shells in the 8000 and the 8010 exploded view pdfs. Best you could manage is getting the whole 8010 hub and relacing it (assuming the flange diameters are the same between the 8010 and 8000). You can pick one up from jenson for $50

Posted: 20 hours ago Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
Are there any conversion kit that convert my m8000 qr rear hub to 142 axle

Nope . See the differences down to the actual hub shells in the 8000 and the 8010 exploded view pdfs. Best you could manage is getting the whole 8010 hub and relacing it (assuming the flange diameters are the same between the 8010 and 8000). You can pick one up from jenson for $50

Thanks for information

Posted: 20 hours ago Quote
alinorco2010 wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Warranty tup

I think they were bought in around 2016/2017 and I don't have any receipts since the bike was second hand so not sure I could?

Ah. The ten rides old thing threw me. No, if they are 4 years old and second hand they are definitely not warrantyable.

Posted: 19 hours ago Quote
Last week my 2020 fox factory 36 appeared to burp a small amount of oil from the air side of the fork. I did the zip tie down the seals and seemed ok, no more leaking that I could tell.

Today about 10 miles Into a ride, the fork started knocking on uphill climbs, usually on very small chattery bumps when the fork mostly fully extended.
I was pretty convinced my headset came loose as thats exactly how it felt, could be felt like a knocking or rattling in the bars. I do believe it’s coming from the air side. When pointed downhill and sitting in 20-30% of its travel, there is no noise.

Any thoughts? Time for a service?

Posted: 18 hours ago Quote
chacou wrote:
Thanks!
Finally got it with extra help from a buddy and warming up the tire/wheel in the car trick.
Now, just nervous about needing to remove the tire when that time comes Wink

All my e13 tyres were super tight on the first install, but when needing to reinstall them, had stretched quite a bit. You shouldn't have any issues getting them on or off again.

Posted: 17 hours ago Quote
Shouldn't have any issues getting tires on or off anyway. I've met stubborn tires, but nothing I've ever been unable to install or remove. It's all about technique. Get a stiff, thin tire lever like the reinforced ones from Campagnolo, and make sure the bead isn't hooked onto the rim at all. Should be easy as pie.

| Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012990
Mobile Version of Website