Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
dingus wrote:
I don't think you've routed the chain correctly between the jockey wheels. It looks like you've got it on the wrong side of the metal tab on the cage. Do you have a photo side on in the biggest cassette cog?

Another good eye Haggis!!

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
masonsmith wrote:
Yah the B-Limit is probably off I was trying to mess with it to dial it in, but I guess I need to shorten the chain.

Sram has a very very narrow range of b-limit adjustment, unless you really know what your doing it is quite hard to get it correct without the gauge. I would strongly recommend getting your hands on one or going to a bike shop.
don't bother using the tool.

Put the bike in the second from the largest gear, look at it from the side, and adjust the B-limit screw until the tips of the pulley line up with the tips of the teeth of the largest cog. I found this provides more consistent results than using the tool.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Another good eye Haggis!!

Didn't spend all that money on a monicle for nothing!

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
Nobble wrote:
hmstuna wrote:
masonsmith wrote:
Yah the B-Limit is probably off I was trying to mess with it to dial it in, but I guess I need to shorten the chain.

Sram has a very very narrow range of b-limit adjustment, unless you really know what your doing it is quite hard to get it correct without the gauge. I would strongly recommend getting your hands on one or going to a bike shop.
don't bother using the tool.

Put the bike in the second from the largest gear, look at it from the side, and adjust the B-limit screw until the tips of the pulley line up with the tips of the teeth of the largest cog. I found this provides more consistent results than using the tool.

This can work although I often find I have to add about half to 3/4 of a turn in addition. I still prefer to use the tool.

Edit* I meant remove. And only on a full suspension.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
Yah the chain wasn't routed correctly, I fixed that. However, I cant dial in the eagle gear, I tried adjusting the H screw but it didnt effect it much, could this be the B tension?

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 15:46 Quote
Can be. The upper pulley needs the b tension to be screwed in enough that it can clear the eagle cog. If it is too close the upper pulley will hit with the chain before the ramps and nothing move, ergo no eagle cog.
The high (h) limit and low limit should be set without the chain or cabling using your hand to align the pulleys with the smallest and largest cogs respectively. Once they’re set you don’t touch me again barring something unforeseen or disastrous.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 16:16 Quote
Hi, has anyone here got some good X2 and
36 GRIP2 combo setup for 80kg rider? Just got both of them but all those settings (lsr, hsr, lsc and hsc) are just too complicated for me as I’m not into mechanics and I still don’t understand how one setting affects the other one

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 17:17 Quote
NikoLucic wrote:
Hi, has anyone here got some good X2 and
36 GRIP2 combo setup for 80kg rider? Just got both of them but all those settings (lsr, hsr, lsc and hsc) are just too complicated for me as I’m not into mechanics and I still don’t understand how one setting affects the other one

I have both and I’m about that weight, so if I were you, I’d start with the recommended settings from Fox, ride it and see how it feels and make adjustments accordingly. Usually you will end up with open settings front and rear for HSC, a few clicks from open with LSC. If it packs up, speed up rebound and if it bucks, slow it down. I like the fork rebound a little faster than the rear shock so the rear end doesn’t kick up on jump takeoffs. Every rider has different riding styles and what works for some may not work for others. You could also rent or buy a shockwiz or buy a more complicated and expensive motion pro suspension tuning kit. Either will get your suspension dialed for your riding style preferences. Beer

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 21:33 Quote
SRAM Type 2 Derailleur Clutch - I'm adjusting the tension on my X01 RD and have tightened the T55 bolt that applies tension to the roller clutch by 1/2 turn. It feels better by hand but my question is, how much tension should I be feeling? I don't have anything to compare to.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
I'm going to service my zeb, should i buy rockshox oil or are there better options?

I find the moto oils to be both better quality and cheaper. My choice is the fully synthetic Motul.
You can compare cst of the rockshox stuff (I believe it's rebranded Maxima) here and find the required weight in whatever brand you choose.

Noeserd wrote:
I'm going to service my zeb, should i buy rockshox oil or are there better options?

Maxima Plush is now recommended by Rockshox. You can use any good quality fluid really, just bear in mind that the "3wt" or "5wt" etc written on the bottle is not an accurate way of stating oil viscosity. 5wt from one brand can be wildly different to 5wt from another brand so your fork may perform differently.

I'd recommend Maxima Plush if you are unsure.

gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

Maxima Plush is now recommended by Rockshox. You can use any good quality fluid really, just bear in mind that the "3wt" or "5wt" etc written on the bottle is not an accurate way of stating oil viscosity. 5wt from one brand can be wildly different to 5wt from another brand so your fork may perform differently.

I'd recommend Maxima Plush if you are unsure.

İm going to do just the lower legs, it says 0w30 on the manual 5wt is for the air chamber if i remember correct

So i have a Giant Control tubeless tank, you pump it full of air and then release the air and it seats your tire. it only works about half the time and my floor pump just shat the bed on me yesterday.
What are some good options for seating tubeless tires that actually work? Should i just buy an air compressor?

Ignore, I've decided to not spend a bunch of money on my shock, decided it'd be better put into my TFSA.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018332
Mobile Version of Website