Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 10:33 Quote
No, on the inside/stanchion side.

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
dingus wrote:

Fox changes service procedure every year, anyways always grease it Big Grin

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 11:07 Quote
I use a little bit of slick honey inside the seal where it contacts the stanchion when I do a seal service.

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 11:26 Quote
what's the best method for ghetto tubeless?
working on gf's road bike, and it has these axis rim brake wheels. do i just gorilla tape them and treat like a normal tubeless set up? the tires are tubeless compatible schwalbes.

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 11:28 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2891247/

Not a mechanical question but couldn't find a suitible forum for that

did i overpriced or my price is fine

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
dingus wrote:
use slick honey or whatever branding of it you can get.

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
dingus wrote:
Fitting new seals to a 2018 Fox 36, in the service instruction manual and video that were provided for that fork on Fox's website they didn't grease the seals, why is this?

I also watched a video from Fox's Dialled series showing a lower leg service and they did grease the seals, as I just assumed you would.

ex LBS employees?

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 17:23 Quote
Could anyone lead me in a direction of a pivot bearing kit for my giant glory?

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 19:46 Quote
Austinbelarde wrote:

They're usually easy enough to find just by googling them, if you're one who enjoys turning a wrench. You could also call/visit your LBS giant dealer. Changing a full bearing kit isn't necessarily hard but it is tedious, might be worth having them fix it for you.

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 21:50 Quote
Trudeez wrote:
Austinbelarde wrote:

They're usually easy enough to find just by googling them, if you're one who enjoys turning a wrench. You could also call/visit your LBS giant dealer. Changing a full bearing kit isn't necessarily hard but it is tedious, might be worth having them fix it for you.

I’d rather do it my self rather than pay my shop they’re quite expensive lol

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 23:55 Quote
Maybe contact some companies that sell bearing kits, even if they don't have them in stock they might be able to help you out. Otherwise you can get the bearing numbers off the bearings in your frame or from giant and source them yourself.

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
If someone threw an 11 speed mob cassette on an 11 speed free hub, I know it needs a 1.85mm spacer, but would it still tighten or would it be loose on the free hub still? is the 1.85mm difference enough to be taken up by the lockring to give the illusion of the cassette being on right?

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 11:56 Quote
jfkusa wrote:
If someone threw an 11 speed mob cassette on an 11 speed free hub, I know it needs a 1.85mm spacer, but would it still tighten or would it be loose on the free hub still? is the 1.85mm difference enough to be taken up by the lockring to give the illusion of the cassette being on right?

Oh, you mean 11-speed MTB cassette on 11-speed road freehub?

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 20:32 Quote
Easy hacks to get a dropper cable through the frame? I had it taped to my old one but it came undone halfway through the frame and now I’m at square one. ????

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
Anybody have any explanation for why it is SO DIFFICULT to find ohlins parts (seals, oils, o-rings, etc.)??? I've spent months looking/ waiting for this stuff to be available on the internet at a reasonable price(or available at all), but nothing has popped up. I know PB put up This article a little while ago in regards to "Ohlins launcing spare parts kits and home service videos". Though the title looked promising, I have found no spare parts kits for my RXF 36 air, or my STX22 air shock which are in dire need of service. Would fox 36 seals work?
Yes, I know there is the option to send it in, for the low price of $175 (current price on website- STX22 air), but I would like to do it myself, and hopefully not spend this kind of money.
Lastly, my RXF 36 came stock as 170mm travel, but is now only about 150mm. I tried putting close to max air pressure in it, pulling up to clear the equalization port, and nothing happened. Only thing I haven't done is take out the air shaft altogether to clean it out. If anybody knows if there's something else going on, knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Man on bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015366
Mobile Version of Website