Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 12:39 Quote
gazmoose wrote:
Thanks, im still fairly new to all of this, I just considered that option as it was cheap. think I will give it a swerve then.

gabriel-mission9 pointed out I had misread the specs. Check out our subsequent posts; there's a chance it could work. Maybe not a top choice, but if it's cheap enough, maybe it's close enough Wink

What bike would it be going on?

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
gazmoose wrote:
Thanks, im still fairly new to all of this, I just considered that option as it was cheap. think I will give it a swerve then.

gabriel-mission9 pointed out I had misread the specs. Check out our subsequent posts; there's a chance it could work. Maybe not a top choice, but if it's cheap enough, maybe it's close enough Wink

What bike would it be going on?

a 2015/2016 giant trance. planning on going for a 200x57 length.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
High leverage ratio on that one, so it's not a bad candidate. I don't recall exactly how fast the LSR could be on the most open rebound setting for that shock, but I think it was, as gabriel-mission9 said, quite fast. If the only concern is too-slow HSR, that's the least detrimental damping parameter to have a little off.

You've confirmed you won't have tire or frame interference with the longer stroke?

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
Anyone had this noise from a Monarch before and managed to fix it? I've stripped and rebuilt the shock to the extent that the service manual covers as well as removing the compression and rebound dials but couldn't see anything amiss.

(Not my video but sane problem)

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 13:01 Quote
The good old knocking

I read somewhere that the shaft(if i remember corct) is coming loose after some time because there is no locktite

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 13:07 Quote
On another subject has anyone had success running an 11spd shimano setup with a 10spd shimano derailleur?

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 13:40 Quote
dingus wrote:
Anyone had this noise from a Monarch before and managed to fix it? I've stripped and rebuilt the shock to the extent that the service manual covers as well as removing the compression and rebound dials but couldn't see anything amiss.

It's called "Monarch knock". Show it to Sram and they will say "we've never seen that issue before"...

It's not detrimental to performance, and as far as I can tell it is not to do with anything coming loose. It's just annoying

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 13:57 Quote
dingus wrote:
On another subject has anyone had success running an 11spd shimano setup with a 10spd shimano derailleur?

https://youtu.be/7YrGwmHYLWU

I hope that helps

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 19:20 Quote
dingus wrote:

Not sure about shimano, but I’ve done it with sram and it’s just fine.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 23:45 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
dingus wrote:

Not sure about shimano, but I’ve done it with sram and it’s just fine.

Shimano tends to be more finicky with those kinds of setups, but you could probably pull it off with the right cassette.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 23:47 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
dingus wrote:

It's called "Monarch knock". Show it to Sram and they will say "we've never seen that issue before"...

It's not detrimental to performance, and as far as I can tell it is not to do with anything coming loose. It's just annoying

Why can the two main suspension manufacturers not make components that dont have creaks and clacks. Fox CSU creaks are the noise that i hear when I go to sleep at night.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 0:54 Quote
dookiehill wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
dingus wrote:

Why can the two main suspension manufacturers not make components that dont have creaks and clacks. Fox CSU creaks are the noise that i hear when I go to sleep at night.

Two words: Bottom Line

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 1:44 Quote
I’ve had good luck with fixing Fox CSU creak with penetrating loctite and/or replacing the crown race. Usually the problem seems to be dust working it’s way into places it shouldn’t be.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 5:55 Quote
Hi I have a question about the bos idylle suspension, I would like to know what is the right size of oil that goes in it? thank you waiting for a reply!

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 8:25 Quote
I assume you are asking what weight of oil? From what I can tell it's 7.5 weight, it sounds like 7 weight will work fine. I found a forum that discusses it here:

https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/bos-idylle-users-oil.237261/

If you are asking about oil height here is a link I found for that:

https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/555699/bos-idylle-rare-2014-user-manual-idylle-2014-user-manual.html?page=9

Schraiber wrote:
Hi I have a question about the bos idylle suspension, I would like to know what is the right size of oil that goes in it? thank you waiting for a reply!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012733
Mobile Version of Website