Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 18:14 Quote
Will do tomorrow sometime. Thanks

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 0:32 Quote
dingus wrote:
Bit of a different question, what hand wash do people use for grime times? I've got a tub of the regular Swarfega gel stuff but I don't like it at all really. I had some paste stuff years ago that was good but I don't know what brand it was.

Pro Soap. Been using it for years. Smells great and is super effective in very small servings. If you call them up or shoot them an email they will send you a sample that will probably last you about half a year, considering the small amount of it that is required to get your hands sparkling clean.
photo

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 5:26 Quote
XStapse wrote:
YT B KE

Hello friends, I want to consult you something. Thank you in advance for your answers.

I wonder if the bowl we attach to the headtube or if I explain as follows, is there a possibility that the headtube is Licking or the nest may be broken?

In short, even if it is inserted incorrectly, can the socket break?(licking could be?)

I really want to answer this, but not sure if your question is about an inproperly seated headset cup, or something with the bearings or race... but I feel like whatever the issue is, you have the right tools in that room behind you!

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 6:10 Quote
I'm looking for a tubeless valve that will last for a long time
the ones came with my wheels are leaking from the lockring

any recommendations?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 6:43 Quote
Noeserd wrote:

any recommendations?

Have had my Schwalbe ones for quite a few years now, they're holding up well.

An possibly related thing - every wheel I've seen that's been leaking from the lockring has turned out to be air leaking out from under the tubeless tape. It then exits the rim cavity via the valve hole below the sealing head of the tubeless valve because it can't get past the spoke nipples. Might be the case for you?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 6:50 Quote
I Have recently fitted muc off valves, seam to be holding up really well, + you get different sizes of rim seal so you can fit the best suited to your rim

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 7:03 Quote
riish wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

any recommendations?

Have had my Schwalbe ones for quite a few years now, they're holding up well.

An possibly related thing - every wheel I've seen that's been leaking from the lockring has turned out to be air leaking out from under the tubeless tape. It then exits the rim cavity via the valve hole below the sealing head of the tubeless valve because it can't get past the spoke nipples. Might be the case for you?

I just fitted a tyre yesterday, saw a cut on the tape not so far from the valve. Might be the case

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 7:06 Quote
tag1260 wrote:
OK. Just picked up my first bike and something seems a little off. The front wheel is not centered in the front tubes.One side of the axle (?) is out farther than the other. Is this common or is it something needing adjusted? Thanks

What bike? Pictures? Can you take it back to the shop you got it from?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
This is the problem yeah

I don't have enough tape to retape the wheel, can i just patch this part ?

Aaaa

Edit: Seems like retaping that part did the trick, thanks

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 10:16 Quote
Yeah, that looks like it would have done it. It works fine to patch tubeless tape like that in a pinch, just as long as you use a long enough strip.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:15 Quote
as you saw from up i need tubeless tape, is brands makes a huge difference if so

which one is better ?

stans

nukeproof

wtb

joe's

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:31 Quote
Gorilla tape, if you don't retape often and can deal with residue when the time comes

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:34 Quote
Stan's is the best IMO. Been using it for as long as its been around.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:05 Quote
seraph wrote:
dingus wrote:
Bit of a different question, what hand wash do people use for grime times? I've got a tub of the regular Swarfega gel stuff but I don't like it at all really. I had some paste stuff years ago that was good but I don't know what brand it was.

Pro Soap. Been using it for years. Smells great and is super effective in very small servings. If you call them up or shoot them an email they will send you a sample that will probably last you about half a year, considering the small amount of it that is required to get your hands sparkling clean.
photo

I use fast orange, it has sand in it, and it works like magic to get all the grease, filings, and crud out of your skin.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Gorilla tape, if you don't retape often and can deal with residue when the time comes

It's not widely available locally and too overpriced
https://www.amazon.com.tr/Gorilla-Tape-yap%C4%B1%C5%9Fkanl%C4%B1-Handyrole-3044401/dp/B001E5ZWT4

32 bucks...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029687
Mobile Version of Website