Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 14:31 Quote
Wale wrote:
Is it possible to remount a removed pressfit bb?

If you have the tools to press it out without damage then it is possible.
Whether if is actually worth it is another thing.

Why do you need to get it out?
Is there an issue?

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 16:46 Quote
I have Mucky Nutz seat flap, and the full length front (face) fender.
Could I use this shorter version face fender:
Would this fit in the seat stay for a REAR fender on my Carbon SJ FSR?
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/20271214/

Of course I'm pretty sure it will, but thought I'd ask in case someone knows for certain before I buy one.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 17:48 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS,

If it doesn't fit perfectly, you can trim it.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 21:30 Quote
I bought a new pair of Specialized 2FO Roost Clip shoes around December. After about two months of tightening the laces, one of the eyelets of the shoe came out and the lace started cutting through the fabric. I have pushed it back in but it came out multiple times. I do not have a way to fix this and I cannot return the shoes to the dealer I bought them from. Does anyone have any solutions I could try. I really do not want to buy another pair of perfectly good shoes just because of a ripped out eyelet.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 21:50 Quote
Is there a cobbler or shoe repair place close to you? Maybe they can refit a lace eyelet for you. Likely it won’t perfectly match, but that shouldn’t matter too much.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 22:06 Quote
mark-p wrote:
Wale wrote:
Is it possible to remount a removed pressfit bb?

If you have the tools to press it out without damage then it is possible.
Whether if is actually worth it is another thing.

Why do you need to get it out?
Is there an issue?

It is a 24mm bb and I have gxp cranks so I got an adapter and the bb has to be removed to install the adapter. + It will help me to route the brake hose

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 23:26 Quote
Lion1 wrote:
I bought a new pair of Specialized 2FO Roost Clip shoes around December. After about two months of tightening the laces, one of the eyelets of the shoe came out and the lace started cutting through the fabric. I have pushed it back in but it came out multiple times. I do not have a way to fix this and I cannot return the shoes to the dealer I bought them from. Does anyone have any solutions I could try. I really do not want to buy another pair of perfectly good shoes just because of a ripped out eyelet.

Glue it back in

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 4:35 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
İt is possible to run 12spd shifter on 11 der with 12 cassette but it will be a twitchy setup for 11 cassette

To make things easier, for shimano 10/11/12 spd only :

shifter and cassette must agree, any derrailleur can work as long as it can take the slack and tension of the chain. I use a slx 12 spd sgs derailleur on a 10spd 11-45 t cassette with a shimano saint 10spd shifter. I wrecked my saint derailleur and could not find a cheap alternative. Slx 12spd was 80euro and works perfect, lighter action than the saint, less chain slap and quieter overall

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 5:02 Quote
Has anyone had issues with loose caps on DT 350 hubs? I'm running a pair of 350s on E1700 rims - the rear is perfect, but the front fit is loose even when nipped as tight as it'll go. I'm using X-Fusion Sweep HLR forks (15x110), if that makes any difference. All of the forum threads I've found say that the hub caps do float a little, but will sit firm under axle tension. Mine don't. If I lift up the front I can move the wheel a good few mm side-to-side with the axle threaded and clamped.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 5:26 Quote
I want to polish my bolt heads, what grade sandpapers should i use to remove the paint and make it smooth?

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 7:53 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
I have Mucky Nutz seat flap, and the full length front (face) fender.
Could I use this shorter version face fender:
Would this fit in the seat stay for a REAR fender on my Carbon SJ FSR?
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/20271214/

Of course I'm pretty sure it will, but thought I'd ask in case someone knows for certain before I buy one.

~JSV

it will only work perfectly on your bike if it's orange in color.

might need trimming though like RMR said Razz

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 9:23 Quote
Does anyone know the dimensions of the rockshox bearing eyelets? Ie what OD and width for the bearings, and what's the total width of the eyelet too. Trying to figure out if I can get a bearing eyelet shock to work on my bike. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 9:24 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
I want to polish my bolt heads, what grade sandpapers should i use to remove the paint and make it smooth?

You can use oven cleaner to remove the anodising all together and bring the alloy back to raw, if you want a faster result use drain cleaner or caustic soda. Should be able to do just the heads if you dip them in. Otherwise I’d use a fine wet n dry sand paper like 1200 n then move on to polishing once the ano is off

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 9:30 Quote
tannerzinck wrote:
Does anyone know the dimensions of the rockshox bearing eyelets? Ie what OD and width for the bearings, and what's the total width of the eyelet too. Trying to figure out if I can get a bearing eyelet shock to work on my bike. Thanks!

if the eyelet located on top of the shock(reservoir side) it is 28mm, im not sure for the stroke side

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
cyclesoul wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

You can use oven cleaner to remove the anodising all together and bring the alloy back to raw, if you want a faster result use drain cleaner or caustic soda. Should be able to do just the heads if you dip them in. Otherwise I’d use a fine wet n dry sand paper like 1200 n then move on to polishing once the ano is off

thx

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012573
Mobile Version of Website