Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: May 7, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
Just finished servicing it and just wanted to check everything is fine after installing the shock onto the bike asking because worried I did something wrong

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
proccesrider wrote:
Just finished servicing it and just wanted to check everything is fine after installing the shock onto the bike asking because worried I did something wrong

understood tup

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
Hey guys quick question; im getting some really bad creaking from my rear wheel when i try to move the wheel side to side. Can a thru axle cause this? i noticed that my DT Swiss QR axle has started to come apart. Where else should i check? Theres no excess movement coming from my rear triangle. There is only noticeable play when rear wheel is installed and i put side forces to it.

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Hey guys quick question; im getting some really bad creaking from my rear wheel when i try to move the wheel side to side. Can a thru axle cause this? i noticed that my DT Swiss QR axle has started to come apart. Where else should i check? Theres no excess movement coming from my rear triangle. There is only noticeable play when rear wheel is installed and i put side forces to it.
Replace your TA also make sure your threading it all the way into the hanger.

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
seraph wrote:
you're

That's a valuable insight, thank you.

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 11:58 Quote
riish wrote:
seraph wrote:
you're

That's a valuable insight, thank you.

Your welcome.

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 17:58 Quote
I had a crash a few days ago and I recently noticed that when I pedal in my lowest gear I hear this twangy sound almost like what you would think a spoke would sound like. This only happens in my lowest gear. Any thoughts?

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
Check that your derailleur cage is not hitting the spokes. You may have bent it or the hanger.

It also could also be the shift cable somehow got bent and is now hitting the spokes

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 18:34 Quote
Lion1 wrote:
I had a crash a few days ago and I recently noticed that when I pedal in my lowest gear I hear this twangy sound almost like what you would think a spoke would sound like. This only happens in my lowest gear. Any thoughts?
Stick cards in your spokes?

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 19:11 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Check that your derailleur cage is not hitting the spokes. You may have bent it or the hanger.

It also could also be the shift cable somehow got bent and is now hitting the spokes

I bent my derailleur cage back a bit very gently and cleaned my chain to try and diagnose the issue better and the noise seemed to go away. I did realize that the crash messed up my derailleur a bit and It will need some tuning.

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 19:12 Quote
Does anyone know of an easy way to check the level of your tire sealant to see if it has dried up other than undoing the bead of the tire?

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 22:18 Quote
Lion1 wrote:
Does anyone know of an easy way to check the level of your tire sealant to see if it has dried up other than undoing the bead of the tire?
Not the best idea but u could potentially remove the valve core and shoot some air up there and see if any liquid comes out. I just add sealant every 2 months and if my tire isnt toast by 6 redo it.

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 22:27 Quote
Lion1,

1. If the fluid has a low viscosity, you may be able to hear it sloshing around.
2. You can remove the valve core and dip something in.

Once you learn the rate of drying for your fluid, your tire casings, and your climate, just pop the bead at the appropriate interval and top up.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
Hey guys! Does a charger damper of the Pike fit in the Cane Creek Helm?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013478
Mobile Version of Website