Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 15:15 Quote
radiorental wrote:
Can I use a Shimano hyperglide with the GX AXS? the interweb said yes but I'm having trouble dialing it in. Upper and lower gears are fine but the chain (shimano 12) is catching on the middle gears.

Related question, does the microshift adjust the arm for all gears or is it per gear. Probably the former, but I cant find info either way. Thanks!

Actually in my experience, HG+ works phenomenally with AXS.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 16:56 Quote
harry-steen27 wrote:
Hi everyone
I recently got a 2021 fox DHX2 65mm stroke, 230 eye to eye and the 2.65 inch/65mm stroke SLS coil spring I got for it rattles when I have the preload as far as it can go in. The coil should technically fit so any advice or solutions would be appreciated

post photos

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 17:40 Quote
seraph wrote:
radiorental wrote:
Can I use a Shimano hyperglide with the GX AXS? the interweb said yes but I'm having trouble dialing it in. Upper and lower gears are fine but the chain (shimano 12) is catching on the middle gears.

Related question, does the microshift adjust the arm for all gears or is it per gear. Probably the former, but I cant find info either way. Thanks!

Thats what I thought, I'll keep tinkering. Went for a 10 mile ride today and it seems better, but not perfect, maybe it just needs some breaking in. The cassette and chain are 50 miles old.

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 21:37 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:
Hi everyone
I recently got a 2021 fox DHX2 65mm stroke, 230 eye to eye and the 2.65 inch/65mm stroke SLS coil spring I got for it rattles when I have the preload as far as it can go in. The coil should technically fit so any advice or solutions would be appreciated

post photos
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 21:38 Quote
I have the preload as far as it will go and there is still some movement

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 21:42 Quote
Are you sure the coil is the correct length? There should be numbers on the coil to confirm the length and weight.

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 21:56 Quote
Ya I don't think there are 2.65 SLS springs, I'm guessing it's a 2.25

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 22:29 Quote
tannerzinck wrote:
Ya I don't think there are 2.65 SLS springs, I'm guessing it's a 2.25
it says 2.65 on the side

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 22:31 Quote
I did plenty of research and all of it said that it should work just fine. Going to a 2.9 should fix it but it’s pretty frustrating since the sls springs are 200 bucks

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 22:39 Quote
You might bought the version for 205 shocks

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 23:23 Quote
radiorental wrote:
seraph wrote:
radiorental wrote:

Thats what I thought, I'll keep tinkering. Went for a 10 mile ride today and it seems better, but not perfect, maybe it just needs some breaking in. The cassette and chain are 50 miles old.
Are you using a hg chainring?

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 5:59 Quote
harry-steen27 wrote:
I did plenty of research and all of it said that it should work just fine. Going to a 2.9 should fix it but it’s pretty frustrating since the sls springs are 200 bucks

usually with a coil shock you want to go up a size anyways, i.e; 2.5” for 2.25” stroke

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:

usually with a coil shock you want to go up a size anyways, i.e; 2.5” for 2.25” stroke
Aaaah there we go
Wish I had known that before I bought it

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 14:10 Quote
yeah they should really state that more in the descriptions for the springs.

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
harry-steen27 wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:
Hi everyone

post photos
photo

Was hoping to be able to see the specs printed on the side of the spring, and the shocks ID code in the photo. I probably should have clarified that. With those two bits of info it will be much easier to work out whats going on then.

There are a couple of things worth noting here.
A) If the spring is a 2.65" stroke then it should work with a 65mm stroke shock. It seems very odd that it isnt long enough to even touch the preload collar when the collar is wound in as far as it will go.
B) your shock has 5mm of travel limiters fitted. If it is a 230x65, then you will only be getting 60mm of stroke out of it currently.
C) Your shock doesn't appear to have the 2pos adjust lever, although due to the angle of the photo I am not 100% certain. I'm thinking your shock is actually a 250x75, with travel limiters fitted to bring it down to 70mm stroke. This would explain everything

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026853
Mobile Version of Website