Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 10:02 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
Hey ya'll, I just got myself a set of Magura MT7 brakes and I can't get them centered and not rubbing for the life of me! It seems that one set of the pistons isn't moving as much at the other set. What can I do to get them to not rub. Also, what is the best way to bleed them? Thank you!!

I can't help with bleeding them, but sticky pistons is common with all brakes, especially noticeable with 4 piston setups. Here's your answer:

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 1:09 Quote
Soz for posting in the wrong thread but,

Any body in the UK know where I can get reverse components, specifically the fork race angle spacer. All I can find is dodgy sites like bikester. Or, anybody know of a similar product
Cheers

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 3:17 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Soz for posting in the wrong thread but,

Any body in the UK know where I can get reverse components, specifically the fork race angle spacer. All I can find is dodgy sites like bikester. Or, anybody know of a similar product
Cheers
Not had a problem with bikester, ordered a few bits from then, delivery was a bit longer but nothing to worry about. Have you tried alpinetrek?

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
Hi guys, have some question about wheel building. is it okay to lube spoke thread with grease or chain oil??
the nipple that i am using is dt swiss prolock prohead sqrox nipples and manual says that it is not recommended to lube spoke thread when prolock nipples are used. also spoke that i am using are dt comps(2/1.8/2) and how can i make some squrox nipple driver??

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
lensman981 wrote:
Hi guys, have some question about wheel building. is it okay to lube spoke thread with grease or chain oil??
the nipple that i am using is dt swiss prolock prohead sqrox nipples and manual says that it is not recommended to lube spoke thread when prolock nipples are used. also spoke that i am using are dt comps(2/1.8/2) and how can i make some squrox nipple driver??

I don't recommend using any sort of lube with Pro Lock nipples. Also I don't think it is possible to make a Squorx tool. They're pretty proprietary.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 11:31 Quote
Hey guys im trying to remember which crown race im supposed to use for Chris King Dropset 3. Ive got two different base plates and King website only says compatible with supplied base plate and 36 degree one. Does that mean both of these will work fine? thanks in advance guys!

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
Hey guyz,

I’ve an SC Bullit R, the “cheapest” one… and I would like to update my rear shock. I’m looking for a Fox, but it seems extremely difficult to find one in the correct size: 230 x 62,5

However there are plenty of choice in 230 x 60

Do you think adding 2,5mm stroke is a big deal? I weight 60kg

Thanks for your help,
Nico (from France)

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 12:29 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Hey guys im trying to remember which crown race im supposed to use for Chris King Dropset 3. Ive got two different base plates and King website only says compatible with supplied base plate and 36 degree one. Does that mean both of these will work fine? thanks in advance guys!

Use the bottom one, labeled “52.0mm / 36”

The second number is the bearing angle. The top one in your image is a 45 degree one, for a DropSet 2 as per the documentation here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2920/2114/files/DropSet_Manual_Web.pdf?1436

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
melanthius wrote:
gnarcissistictendency wrote:

Use the bottom one, labeled “52.0mm / 36”

The second number is the bearing angle. The top one in your image is a 45 degree one, for a DropSet 2 as per the documentation here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2920/2114/files/DropSet_Manual_Web.pdf?1436

Thank you!

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 21:15 Quote
Hello,
I have a yt Jeffsy with a lyrik ultimate and a superdeluxe ultimate. I have had the bike since march and have 1700 miles on it. I am a cross country and enduro rider, mainly enduro. The fork feels great and I do not see any oil on stanchions at any time. The rear on the other hand shows oil residue on the stanchion. I feel like the rear could have a bit better small bump sensitivity but I am not quite sure. I have not done a seal replacement or damper service. If I wait another month or two I will most likely not have time to send in the shocks to get a damper service. I will have the time after the season and they will have at least another 1000 miles on them. Should I just send them in now for a damper service or skip it as a whole as they feel good, and only do a seal service? Thanks!

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
" I don't think it is possible to make a Squorx tool. They're pretty proprietary.[/Quote]

You can make a squorx tool
With a T25 bolt. A rotor bolt is T25.

If you really want a perfect interface, get a security T25 bolt. Look at Google images.

Then just screw that bolt into a plastic tube with some crazy glue.
(like a ballpoint pen body)

Voila squorx driver.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
^^^ which should be the same as an E5 socket...

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 10:10 Quote
adm750 wrote:
^^^ which should be the same as an E5 socket...

E5 socket = Squorx driver is the thing I’ve learned for today. Thank you! A $5 single-use tool is better than a $15 single-use tool.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 21:32 Quote
seraph wrote:
lensman981 wrote:

I don't recommend using any sort of lube with Pro Lock nipples. Also I don't think it is possible to make a Squorx tool. They're pretty proprietary.
thanks!! you really save the day for me. some guys said you need to lube the spoke thread, and i was scratching my head for a while. thanks!

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 21:33 Quote
Client9 wrote:
" I don't think it is possible to make a Squorx tool. They're pretty proprietary.

You can make a squorx tool
With a T25 bolt. A rotor bolt is T25.

If you really want a perfect interface, get a security T25 bolt. Look at Google images.

Then just screw that bolt into a plastic tube with some crazy glue.
(like a ballpoint pen body)

Voila squorx driver.[/Quote]
I will try your method! thanks for your support!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013808
Mobile Version of Website