Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 20:12 Quote
I have a set of TEKTRO ORION 4pots that I'm looking to mount on my dirtjumper, they have served me well on the trail bike with no issues but I've had absolutely no luck getting them to work on the jump bike, I've bled them a bunch of times and air seems to keep making its way in bc it always spews out a bunch of air bubbles before any oil comes out, I've checked all the hoses and interfaces and everything's tight and doesn't seem to have leaks, any ideas

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 0:04 Quote
Andrews23 wrote:
I have a set of TEKTRO ORION 4pots that I'm looking to mount on my dirtjumper, they have served me well on the trail bike with no issues but I've had absolutely no luck getting them to work on the jump bike, I've bled them a bunch of times and air seems to keep making its way in bc it always spews out a bunch of air bubbles before any oil comes out, I've checked all the hoses and interfaces and everything's tight and doesn't seem to have leaks, any ideas
have you tried a total flush of the system? Could try forcing fluid through until you feel you've pushed all the old and some new out. Also tapped on caliper pistons both sides and wiggling hose can often find trapped air.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 8:31 Quote
Take them off the bike and hang them with the lever up and caliper down then bleed them. Be careful to get all the air out of the fluid as well before you start bleeding.

If that doesn't work you may have a bad seal somewhere.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Take them off the bike and hang them with the lever up and caliper down then bleed them. Be careful to get all the air out of the fluid as well before you start bleeding.

I'd like to add, pull off the rubber cover for the hose nut at the lever and see if any oil has been leaking out of there. Sometimes when you transfer brakes from an internally routed bike the olive and barb do get seated back in fully/correctly.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 21:25 Quote
jubs17 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

I'd like to add, pull off the rubber cover for the hose nut at the lever and see if any oil has been leaking out of there. Sometimes when you transfer brakes from an internally routed bike the olive and barb do get seated back in fully/correctly.

And another thing that helps dislodge tiny air bubbles is to use something that vibrates (hair clippers, electric shaver, toothbrush) along the hoses and the caliper too.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 5:31 Quote
Reaperactual wrote:
jubs17 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

And another thing that helps dislodge tiny air bubbles is to use something that vibrates (hair clippers, electric shaver, toothbrush) along the hoses and the caliper too.

not touching that one lol

where's jesp when you need him Razz

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 8:20 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Reaperactual wrote:
jubs17 wrote:

You mean like your mom’s vibrator? tup

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 9:27 Quote
Yeah "your mums".............

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
I bought a MRP progressive spring and I’m waiting for the spacers to show up for my super deluxe but when I put the spring on the shock it fits fine there is no side to side play and I still have lots of threads left ... do I still need the spacers ?

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 2:42 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
I bought a MRP progressive spring and I’m waiting for the spacers to show up for my super deluxe but when I put the spring on the shock it fits fine there is no side to side play and I still have lots of threads left ... do I still need the spacers ?

An MRP spring is almost the same diameter as an RS spring. You shouldn't need any adaptors.

ETA - I have run RS springs on an MRP Hazard with no issue.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 2:48 Quote
I've done a few Lyrik lower leg services, always according to the SRAM video. I note that this document (https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/service-manuals/rockshox/front-suspension/gen.0000000005952-2020-fs-oil-air-coil-token-specification-english-rev-a.pdf) says 3ml of oil in "upper tube". This doesn't seem to be shown in the video. Does this mean on top of the air spring, under the valve?

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 3:31 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
adm750 wrote:
Reaperactual wrote:

shit dude.....my mom's been single for a loooong time, she's prob got something you can measure on a Richter scale. it would straight f*ck homie's brakes up. lol

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 3:59 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
adm750 wrote:

shit dude.....my mom's been single for a loooong time, she's prob got something you can measure on a Richter scale. it would straight f*ck homie's brakes up. lol

Pimp lol lol

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
Reaperactual wrote:
adm750 wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

Pimp lol lol

lol lol lol Beer

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016916
Mobile Version of Website