Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Reaperactual wrote:
adm750 wrote:

shit dude.....my mom's been single for a loooong time, she's prob got something you can measure on a Richter scale. it would straight f*ck homie's brakes up. lol

Pimp lol lol

lol lol lol Beer

Beer

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 9:33 Quote

Anyone that can advise me on how these go back in they came in dis assembled , I assume the wavy washer goes in forst then the second spacer ontop of that ? Cause i trried that and couldn't get the second one in

SLX M7110 hub , microspline freehub

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 10:02 Quote
BaGearA wrote:

Anyone that can advise me on how these go back in they came in dis assembled , I assume the wavy washer goes in forst then the second spacer ontop of that ? Cause i trried that and couldn't get the second one in

SLX M7110 hub , microspline freehub

https://youtu.be/ggyWkdaHWuU

See if this can help you out

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
Heya-
If I put a 12 speed shifter on an 11 speed drivetrain* the 12th click will just be dead, correct? (If the derailleur is set up correctly)

*Why? My arthritic thumb hates the trigger shifter so I’m goin to try twist shift. I expect to upgrade the rest of the drivetrain next season, but not now.

Thanks!

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
I know it works with shimano but I am not sure about sram.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 11:29 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
I bought a MRP progressive spring and I’m waiting for the spacers to show up for my super deluxe but when I put the spring on the shock it fits fine there is no side to side play and I still have lots of threads left ... do I still need the spacers ?

Nope

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
I've done a few Lyrik lower leg services, always according to the SRAM video. I note that this document (https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/service-manuals/rockshox/front-suspension/gen.0000000005952-2020-fs-oil-air-coil-token-specification-english-rev-a.pdf) says 3ml of oil in "upper tube". This doesn't seem to be shown in the video. Does this mean on top of the air spring, under the valve?

Yep. On top of the piston, under the valve.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 14:15 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I know it works with shimano but I am not sure about sram.

Good to hear, I do have SRAM and was hoping to stick with that.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 0:23 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
I've done a few Lyrik lower leg services, always according to the SRAM video. I note that this document (https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/service-manuals/rockshox/front-suspension/gen.0000000005952-2020-fs-oil-air-coil-token-specification-english-rev-a.pdf) says 3ml of oil in "upper tube". This doesn't seem to be shown in the video. Does this mean on top of the air spring, under the valve?

Yep. On top of the piston, under the valve.

Cool thanks. I've never done this before! Wonder if it will make an appreciable difference. My new air spring arrives soon (once HMRC tell me how much extra money they want) so I'll be finding out in the not too distant.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
Does anyone know which shaft clamp is needed to rebuild a Fox Float X2? Fox doesn’t seem to advertise dimensions of the bores or which clamps are compatible with the X2. I don’t want to buy the wrong one.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 11:21 Quote
Does anyone in here have experience with the luftkappe from vorsprung? After installing it I now have 5mm of dead stroke on my fork with a very loud transfer of air as you push down and it rebounds I’m not sure if this is right and I can’t get a response from vorsprung

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Does anyone in here have experience with the luftkappe from vorsprung? After installing it I now have 5mm of dead stroke on my fork with a very loud transfer of air as you push down and it rebounds I’m not sure if this is right and I can’t get a response from vorsprung

I have a luftkappe in a '16 Pike. If my memory serves me, when I first installed mine, it had that similar clunk on rebound. I think i solved it reassembling the lowers with the air shaft rod fully extended (i.e. fork almost fully extended instead of bottomed). Simple thing that might help or might not but its so easy its worth a shot. I assemble the fork the same way each time i replace wiper seals and the clunk never came back so maybe there is something to it.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 17:55 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

I have a luftkappe in a '16 Pike. If my memory serves me, when I first installed mine, it had that similar clunk on rebound. I think i solved it reassembling the lowers with the air shaft rod fully extended (i.e. fork almost fully extended instead of bottomed). Simple thing that might help or might not but its so easy its worth a shot. I assemble the fork the same way each time i replace wiper seals and the clunk never came back so maybe there is something to it.
Thanks for the response. I took it apart again and re assembled it and made sure there was air in the chamber so it couldn’t push in.. a tech got back to me and also said the loud air transfer is probably from the 3ml of 0-30w you put in the top and recommended just greasing it with slickoloeum and I did and the noise is gone and so it the dead space

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
Basic question, possibly varies locally:
What to do with spent fluids? Dot 5, suspension oils, etc.
Mine are sitting in yogurt containers, waiting to overflow or be disposed of. Maybe if this was more widely known, less would be disposed of improperly.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
WeakenedWarrior wrote:
Basic question, possibly varies locally:
What to do with spent fluids? Dot 5, suspension oils, etc.
Mine are sitting in yogurt containers, waiting to overflow or be disposed of. Maybe if this was more widely known, less would be disposed of improperly.

I just drink mine. Keeps me regular.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017641
Mobile Version of Website