Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 11:48 Quote
jackoconnor wrote:
I just bought a frame with rear suspension that has 120 mm travel. I have a shock from my old frame that's 130mm travel and I believe they both have a 200 eye to eye. will it mess the geometry up to much if i put on the 130 shock- The bike is going to be a mullet bike if that makes a difference
If the eye to eye length is the same your geometry will not be affected. If there's a difference it will be the stroke, if the stroke is longer you'll get more travel this could cause interference towards the end of the travel, you could let the air out and run it through the travel and see if anything touches that shouldn't.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 16:15 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Around 10 nm, usually. Depends on frame and axle.
Thanks for your reply.
carbon fibre and 12mm axle.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
My RS super delux coil does not make any noticable damper sounds when rebounding, even at full slow. Is that normal?

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:00 Quote
Primo123 wrote:
My RS super delux coil does not make any noticable damper sounds when rebounding, even at full slow. Is that normal?

i only hear rebound noises from mine when the rebound is fast, so id say no noise at full slow is normal.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Primo123 wrote:

i only hear rebound noises from mine when the rebound is fast, so id say no noise at full slow is normal.

I agree, you should only be worried if your rebound is not working.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
so i just bought a dh bike and im wanting to get some wheels, however the range of 12x150 wheels is small, can you convert a boost 148 to a 150?

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 10:58 Quote
max-er wrote:
so i just bought a dh bike and im wanting to get some wheels, however the range of 12x150 wheels is small, can you convert a boost 148 to a 150?
no

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 14:07 Quote
12x157 wheels are largely convertible to 12x150. All major brands dt, king, i9 etc offer end caps to do both.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 15:27 Quote
Just a warning to any who likes running their fork rebound wide-open, I would not recommend getting a CC Helm MKII coil. It will top out quite badly beacuse of how the top-out bumper works. You need to run it with 4 or more clicks of damping from fully open otherwise it will top-out, which sucks since the for is pretty heavily damped already.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
Ok, I've got a 200x50 Cane Creek coil currently. Am I right in thinking that the CC DB Coil IL shock is 200x57 as stock, and the stroke is reduced to 50 using a clip under the bottom out bumper? I only ask because I cannot see any such clip under the bumper, so I'm wondering if changing the stroke is more involved, or if my shock is actually a 200x57 after all

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 23:16 Quote
I have 2 super deluxe coil select's, One of them let's me adjust the rebound 5 click's the other only allows 3 before getting stuck. Anyone know how many click's they are supposed to have ? (Not even the official sram site tells ya)

Im pretty sure when i had my bikes new the rebound could be adjusted more. Very confused
If they are prone to getting stuck over time, is there any solution for fixing it ? Thank's Beer

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 11:02 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
I have 2 super deluxe coil select's, One of them let's me adjust the rebound 5 click's the other only allows 3 before getting stuck. Anyone know how many click's they are supposed to have ? (Not even the official sram site tells ya)

Im pretty sure when i had my bikes new the rebound could be adjusted more. Very confused
If they are prone to getting stuck over time, is there any solution for fixing it ? Thank's Beer
How long have you had the shocks? Have they ever been rebuilt?

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
1 of them i have had over a year. and the other only a few months. So i find it odd they both share a similar problem.

They click freely between slow and fast adjustment But only within that range stated before.

Basically i can turn it back to fully open and its fine. I then add some slow (Towards the turtle) and that's where one of them allows about 5 clicks and the other 3 clicks. Trying to turn anymore feels tight. Very confused

At first i thought maybe it's some weird custom tune.. but that has nothing to do with the amount of click's right ?
Most rear shocks have like +/- 15/20 click's of adjustment ?

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 15:40 Quote
I have a Recon RL 130mm 27.5 110x15 with a pinhole in the oil side of the lower. If I buy a 150mm 27.5 110x15 Recon RL lower only would it fit my 130mm fork?

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 15:54 Quote
yes, lowers are the same

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013975
Mobile Version of Website