Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
Nobble wrote:
What do people like for tubeless tape these days?

I’ve always used gorilla tape and lived with the sticky residue, but I’m kind of tired of changing the tape after every tire.

My favorite so far has been DT’s tape. Durable and easy to work with. Been through multiple tire changes with everything still looking perfect.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 15:00 Quote
My old school 2004 Devinci Ollie has served me well, but I've finally snapped a rear linkage bolt on the frame and can't for the life of me source one anywhere. Devinci is usually good with holding parts but no dice on this. Anybody have a line or a replacement recommendation? If i can't find or get one machined...the frame is nothing more than an expensive boat anchor and it'd be a real shame...

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 15:43 Quote
It’s probably a standard bolt of some kind. Pull what’s left and take it to a bolt and screw store. Or pull the other bolt because it looks like they will be similar. You can also get the dimensions by measuring then inside of the bearing race and the distance between them.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 2:55 Quote
I second what @gotohe11carolina has said, fastening manufacturers and suppliers should be able to help.

And if Devinci doesn't have the part, do they have the specs and or dimensions for it. As that would be helpful.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 6:26 Quote
If you can get the dimensions of the bolt, you would be surprised at what the internet has to offer. It may be a different material, and you may have to bushing it if it has a tapper. Good luck.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 11:50 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
Nobble wrote:
What do people like for tubeless tape these days?

I’ve always used gorilla tape and lived with the sticky residue, but I’m kind of tired of changing the tape after every tire.
Tesa strapping tape. It’s the same stuff as Stan’s and i9 use

Do you happen to have a model# for the Tesa stuff - seems to be a few different types of Tesa strapping tape.

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 15:07 Quote
Zeb oil (the oil in the damper and lower leg) sounds loader after a rebuild. Is this normal?

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 16:18 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Zeb oil (the oil in the damper and lower leg) sounds loader after a rebuild. Is this normal?

Yup it’s the sound of the oil passing threw the transfer port

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 16:22 Quote
I also have a ZEB question I have a 2021 ZEB ultimate and I’m running the LSC and HSC at full open running rebound at 3 clicks from closed and running 25 percent sag and I’m getting some really harsh feed back into my hands and I can’t figure out what’s going on does anyone have any ideas ?

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 17:19 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
I also have a ZEB question I have a 2021 ZEB ultimate and I’m running the LSC and HSC at full open running rebound at 3 clicks from closed and running 25 percent sag and I’m getting some really harsh feed back into my hands and I can’t figure out what’s going on does anyone have any ideas ?
I would make it 30% sag and put an extra volume spacer in. Also when did you get the fork?

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 17:22 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:

What pressure are you running? And does the fork feel smooth when you push down on it?

First guess is that you have too much rebound causing the fork to not extend between hits, also called packing down, which makes you ride on average deeper in the travel where the spring is pushing back against the bumps harder, which leads to harsh feel. 3 clicks from full closed is really, really slow. RS recommended settings never go slower than 4 and that’s for riders at 240+lbs.

Second guess is that you’ve got stiction/binding. The cheap and easy test there is to do a lowers service and see if it helps.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 17:32 Quote
melanthius wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

What pressure are you running? And does the fork feel smooth when you push down on it?

First guess is that you have too much rebound causing the fork to not extend between hits, also called packing down, which makes you ride on average deeper in the travel where the spring is pushing back against the bumps harder, which leads to harsh feel. 3 clicks from full closed is really, really slow. RS recommended settings never go slower than 4 and that’s for riders at 240+lbs.

Second guess is that you’ve got stiction/binding. The cheap and easy test there is to do a lowers service and see if it helps.
\

im running 110psiwith no tokens( im not a lightweight) the fork feels super smooth when i push it down.. the lower leg service was done about 2 weeks ago before park season where i live opened up, i was at 4 clicks till yesterday when i was riding park and was experimenting with settings to see if i could get rid of the harshness

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 18:08 Quote
I’d still try running less rebound. With no tokens you don’t need to deal with as much stored energy coming from bottom out so you should have more room to play with faster rebound before pogo from big hits becomes an issue.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 18:24 Quote
melanthius wrote:
I’d still try running less rebound. With no tokens you don’t need to deal with as much stored energy coming from bottom out so you should have more room to play with faster rebound before pogo from big hits becomes an issue.

Okay thanks for the advice

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 18:28 Quote
I would put at least 2 volume spacers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020177
Mobile Version of Website