Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 8:11 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
paxfobiscum wrote:
SRAM XX1 Etap Axs new brakes and calipers.
Cut the hose to thread into internal frame route.

Now the levers do not work and DOT liquid does not come out of the levers, even without a hose.
I literally have a syringe on top of the lever and pressing the syringe does nothing. Its like there is something stuck inside the lever and no hydraulic fluid comes out at all EVEN WITHOUT A HOSE CONNECTED.

PLEASE HELP

What happens when you pull the lever?

Nothing happens when I pull the lever....

But I figured it out already. The problem was with the red barrel, which was inverted.

Posted: Mar 18, 2023 at 10:24 Quote
Hi
I have Guerciotti Team Selle Italia bicycle but it needs some work on it. Was wondering if it’s worth for me to restore it?

Posted: Mar 18, 2023 at 10:59 Quote
TranceAllez wrote:
I bought a gallon jug of Simple Green Extreme 5 years ago for like $20 and still have almost half of it remaining. Dilute the absolute shit out of it and use it for drivetrain cleaning. It doesn't touch anything else. I do this monthly on my road bike and I haven't needed to replace a chain in 5,000 miles
People like you are why the world is still a good place.

Posted: Mar 18, 2023 at 17:22 Quote
TeamSelle wrote:
Hi
I have Guerciotti Team Selle Italia bicycle but it needs some work on it. Was wondering if it’s worth for me to restore it?

That's impossible to answer without at least some detailed photos.

Posted: Mar 19, 2023 at 16:12 Quote
Teddysnaps wrote:
I just bought a rockshox super delux coil and need a heavier spring. I reached out to rockshox and they only have a 650lb and that's what I'm currently running. From my understanding EXT was provided to me as an option but EXT told me they aren't compatible with the current RS coils. Nukeproof are also compatible but only go 600lb. I'm wondering what my options are and if a custom coil is my only option have any of you had one made and if so from who and what kind of info do I need to give them?

what bike and how much do you weigh? First thing to do is work out what springrate you actually need

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 17:33 Quote
Hi there, does e thirteen helix r 12 speed cassette compatible with trp tr12 derailleur and shifter? I really appreciate any help you could provide!

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 19:36 Quote
Ziqin wrote:
Hi there, does e thirteen helix r 12 speed cassette compatible with trp tr12 derailleur and shifter? I really appreciate any help you could provide!

A look at the data sheet seems to imply that it is (page Cool , but I'd wait for others opinions as well.

You could also get a SunRace cassette, they're a bit cheaper (I think they're the cheapest 12 speed cassette out there)

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 6:45 Quote
watch123 wrote:
Ziqin wrote:

A look at the data sheet seems to imply that it is (page Cool , but I'd wait for others opinions as well.

You could also get a SunRace cassette, they're a bit cheaper (I think they're the cheapest 12 speed cassette out there)

I think the sunrace cassettes max out at 50t, not sure about e13 or TRP

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 7:40 Quote
Ziqin wrote:

I work at a bike shop and have seen plenty of mix and match drivetrain systems. I know for a fact that as long as the biggest tooth is the same size or smaller as what the stock trp cassette is/what the derailleur is rated tooth wise, it should work like a dream!

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 9:25 Quote
I don't know about "like a dream"... My mix & match experiments in the 12 speed category have all worked, yeah, but the only thing that's worked "like a dream" in my opinion is a pure Shimano group. The mixed groups are never as smooth and precise.

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
neorider wrote:
watch123 wrote:
Ziqin wrote:

I think the sunrace cassettes max out at 50t, not sure about e13 or TRP

...Which if you read the link (with a convenient page number associated with it), is the maximum number of teeth that derailleur is compatible with...

Posted: Mar 24, 2023 at 8:32 Quote
Hi everyone,

I have a few Marzocchi forks that could use service ('00 Z5 QR20, '02 SuperT Pro, '10 80mm DJ... plus more)

Is there some person, service place, or a shop in Canada who can service them? Seals, oil swaps, disc brake adapters, general rebuild. They're all in decent shape but of course... they're all leaking, and the Z5 isn't functioning too well Confused

Contacted Marzocchi and they directed me to someone in California. I trust the services would be good. It's going to be expensive though. Shipping + exchange rate makes the work probably not worth it for me.

I have serviced a few Marz forks on my own, but I don't have a garage/shop anymore.

Happy Friday! Thanks for any help

Mod
Posted: Mar 24, 2023 at 9:17 Quote
pur-rider wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a few Marzocchi forks that could use service ('00 Z5 QR20, '02 SuperT Pro, '10 80mm DJ... plus more)

Is there some person, service place, or a shop in Canada who can service them? Seals, oil swaps, disc brake adapters, general rebuild. They're all in decent shape but of course... they're all leaking, and the Z5 isn't functioning too well Confused

Contacted Marzocchi and they directed me to someone in California. I trust the services would be good. It's going to be expensive though. Shipping + exchange rate makes the work probably not worth it for me.

I have serviced a few Marz forks on my own, but I don't have a garage/shop anymore.

mark in california is really your only option
i would service them yourself,which is not too hard or just give them to meWink Wink
mark can also help you find parts, specialty retro products or suspension fork parts are also quite helpful. enduro still makes seals

Posted: Mar 24, 2023 at 11:29 Quote
pur-rider wrote:
Hi everyone,

Suspensionwerx? they're in Vancouver so shipping within Canada should be easier/cheaper.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2023 at 11:34 Quote
brianl wrote:
pur-rider wrote:
Hi everyone,

Suspensionwerx? they're in Vancouver so shipping within Canada should be easier/cheaper.

This. Contact them and go from there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028155
Mobile Version of Website