Powered by Outside

Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: May 9, 2024 at 15:32 Quote
mior wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Wow the bike market is really bad. I've had mine up for a minute at a decent price and no real bites. What are others doing to get their bikes sold?

Yes, I know this is less of a mechanics question but I assume most of you have sold bikes in the past year or so.
lower the price for a quick sale otherwise just wait i guess
It’s all relative but it is even undervalued right now. I need it out!

Posted: May 9, 2024 at 16:34 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
mior wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Wow the bike market is really bad. I've had mine up for a minute at a decent price and no real bites. What are others doing to get their bikes sold?

Yes, I know this is less of a mechanics question but I assume most of you have sold bikes in the past year or so.
If it’s not selling, then it’s not undervalued.

The fact the fork and shock are last gen goes against you.

As does the fact that new ones are on sale.

You might consider parting it out.

Posted: May 9, 2024 at 17:37 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
mior wrote:

Yeah true. I guess I was comparing it to a few years ago when the Charger 3 just came out and there wasn’t a surplus of used bikes.

I thought about parting it out but didn’t think I would get my asking value for all the parts.

Posted: May 9, 2024 at 18:46 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Nobble wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

Yeah true. I guess I was comparing it to a few years ago when the Charger 3 just came out and there wasn’t a surplus of used bikes.

I thought about parting it out but didn’t think I would get my asking value for all the parts.
I tried to sell my Capra for about 2 years. It was basically new with some upgrades, and I was asking $1800.

I ended up parting it out and using the parts for something else.

I finally sold the frame with brakes and an extra shock for $675.

These days, I think you need to take what you think is a reasonable asking price and knock about a third off.

Capra for Reference:
photo

O+
Posted: May 10, 2024 at 9:34 Quote
Tell them it's an e-bike.

Posted: May 10, 2024 at 9:41 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Nobble wrote:

I tried to sell my Capra for about 2 years. It was basically new with some upgrades, and I was asking $1800.

I ended up parting it out and using the parts for something else.

I finally sold the frame with brakes and an extra shock for $675.

These days, I think you need to take what you think is a reasonable asking price and knock about a third off.

Capra for Reference:
photo
We are both in the same boat. We have the previous version bike.

Posted: May 11, 2024 at 20:37 Quote
Random question. Are the Zeb/domain lowers the same? I know the CSUs are different on the airspring side.

Posted: May 11, 2024 at 22:22 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Random question. Are the Zeb/domain lowers the same? I know the CSUs are different on the airspring side.
The Domain is not the same as any of the 2023+ lowers because of the bleeder valves on the 2023 Zeb and not the Domain. They should be the same as the 2020-2022 Zeb lowers though. It does depend on what you're doing with it though.

I'd check this video out or even call these guys because they sell a lot of Zeb's and Domain's everyday and have probably gotten this question before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67pu3jG1oNo

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 23:51 Quote
Has anyone tried using friction tape (the stuffing you put in your bath tube) on there frames to protect the underside of the chainstays?

Posted: May 16, 2024 at 22:41 Quote
I have a quick quesion about the Zeb. I want to swap the lowers on my A2 Ultimate from 27.5 to 29. Is there any difference besides the pressure release valves between the A1 and A2 lowers? I am asking becaise I found a A1 select for a good price and plan on only using the lowers from it plus a shorter air shaft.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2024 at 8:14 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Has anyone tried using friction tape (the stuffing you put in your bath tube) on there frames to protect the underside of the chainstays?

No, but I think a smooth tape might be a better option for plain protection. When the chain bounces against it, the extra friction could start pulling the tape off

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 9:45 Quote
3M Mastic Tape 2228.

https://www.uline.com/BL_6170/3M-2228-Rubber-Mastic-Tape?pricode=WT304&AdKeyword=3m%202228&AdMatchtype=e&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgJyyBhCGARIsAK8LVLOr_LUYGSvhsYE1p1aVYmWPpPEhZLUy7B43ZGqamx-OrM033B_bzggaApAIEALw_wcB

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 11:31 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
3M Mastic Tape 2228.

https://www.uline.com/BL_6170/3M-2228-Rubber-Mastic-Tape?pricode=WT304&AdKeyword=3m%202228&AdMatchtype=e&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgJyyBhCGARIsAK8LVLOr_LUYGSvhsYE1p1aVYmWPpPEhZLUy7B43ZGqamx-OrM033B_bzggaApAIEALw_wcB

Second. It's not clear, which I think might be what the OP is after but it's really effective, doesn't peel off unless you heel rubs on it, removes nicely wo tearing and residue.

If you can get past it not being clear, highly recommend.

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 12:56 Quote
Clear gorilla tape will get it done.

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 13:01 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
Clear gorilla tape will get it done.

I didn't know such a thing existed!

I already love gorilla tape for tubeless tape (haters incoming in 3, 2 ,1). I'll have to check out thier clear tape for frame protection.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023607
Mobile Version of Website