Powered by Outside

Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: May 30, 2024 at 8:21 Quote
The 4 pads? Better cooling, and more pad “edges” allegedly improves bite.

Posted: May 30, 2024 at 9:57 Quote
Hey peeps I need some help advice here. This http://https://www.halfords.com/bikes/mountain-bikes/voodoo-bizango-pro-mountain-bike---m-frame-453110.html
Stats it has a 15x100mm boost front axle with rockshox 35, I've checked a few sites and they all say 15x100mm boost. Do rockshox even do 15x100mm boost 35s?

O+
Posted: May 30, 2024 at 11:36 Quote
Boost is by definition, 110mm width. So if it is 100mm it is not Boost.

Posted: May 31, 2024 at 7:07 Quote
ShawMac wrote:
Boost is by definition, 110mm width. So if it is 100mm it is not Boost.
so probably a typo by voodoo themselves then.

Posted: May 31, 2024 at 8:39 Quote
Vivid ticking by the dimple port? Any guesses. Just build up a brand new Dreadnought V2.

Posted: Jun 1, 2024 at 2:01 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Vivid ticking by the dimple port? Any guesses. Just build up a brand new Dreadnought V2.

As in it makes a slight tick noise when you compress the suspension past the air swap port? Or it just randomly ticks while sat stationary?

Posted: Jun 1, 2024 at 22:46 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

As in it makes a slight tick noise when you compress the suspension past the air swap port? Or it just randomly ticks while sat stationary?
It just ticks when it passes the dimple. There's 4 of us Dreadnought V2 riders that are having this issue. Seems like Forbidden got a bad batch of Vivids.

Posted: Jun 2, 2024 at 5:18 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

It just ticks when it passes the dimple. There's 4 of us Dreadnought V2 riders that are having this issue. Seems like Forbidden got a bad batch of Vivids.

Ticking when passing the swap port is normal and to be expected. It's just a bit of air moving through the swap port while it is "open". Nothing to be concerned about.

In fact, I'd be more concerned if it didnt do it than if it did.

Posted: Jun 2, 2024 at 19:10 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:

Ticking when passing the swap port is normal and to be expected. It's just a bit of air moving through the swap port while it is "open". Nothing to be concerned about.

In fact, I'd be more concerned if it didnt do it than if it did.
Mine isn’t bad anymore but there’s a couple of people that are sending their Vivids back to Rockshox for them to redo the air can.

Posted: Jun 2, 2024 at 19:11 Quote
They’re supposed to be silent shocks.

Posted: Jun 2, 2024 at 19:11 Quote
Whoops it posted my first message 3 times lol

Posted: Jun 3, 2024 at 7:27 Quote
Megneg issue:

When I do the service, despite emptying as much pressure as possible, from the Schraeder valve, there seems to be some remaining pressure in the large negative chamber.

As I empty the pressure from the Schraeder, the IFP body retracts all the way, towards the can. Then, when I go to unscrew the Megneg can, it “pops” hard, pretty loud, with some unexpected force, although never enough to cause injury or damage to the shock.

Is this normal or is there a trick to get the pressure out of the negative chamber? Would be interested to know if anyone has experienced this.

Posted: Jun 3, 2024 at 10:34 Quote
Kookfest247 wrote:
Megneg issue:

When I do the service, despite emptying as much pressure as possible, from the Schraeder valve, there seems to be some remaining pressure in the large negative chamber.

As I empty the pressure from the Schraeder, the IFP body retracts all the way, towards the can. Then, when I go to unscrew the Megneg can, it “pops” hard, pretty loud, with some unexpected force, although never enough to cause injury or damage to the shock.

Is this normal or is there a trick to get the pressure out of the negative chamber? Would be interested to know if anyone has experienced this.

Have you tried cycling the shock as you are depressurizing it? Like take 10psi out, cycle it up and down, repeat until all the air is removed?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022630
Mobile Version of Website