parents [VS] bikes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
parents [VS] bikes
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 3:56 Quote
im on my own for bike and equipment. instead of saying " your into freeriding, looks like your getting a better fullface" they say "since you cant afford a fullface, you cant freeride"Madder . kind of sucks, i get 20$ a month for chores and i havent spent a cent in 4 yaers to recently buy my demo. my parents will give me a loan though witch works out good.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
jimmymtbking wrote:
my parents are f*cking like this omg omg omg like i had this old diamondback and like i buy this identiti 666s and my dads like hmmmm james i dont think i should let you have this and im like why, why the f*ck cant i buy it its my money. and guess what he f*cking says. because its a singlespeed and im like omg WTF !!!! now i want to buy a bmx and there like you only just bought a new bike. and im like yeh its my own money wtf wtf wtf

i for one found this hilarious to read

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
jimmymtbking wrote:
my parents are f*cking like this omg omg omg like i had this old diamondback and like i buy this identiti 666s and my dads like hmmmm james i dont think i should let you have this and im like why, why the f*ck cant i buy it its my money. and guess what he f*cking says. because its a singlespeed and im like omg WTF !!!! now i want to buy a bmx and there like you only just bought a new bike. and im like yeh its my own money wtf wtf wtf

yeah,same

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
calm down. i find. when my parents try to stop me from doin something. keep completely calm walk out of the room. into the garage/ shed and go piss off on your bike sumwer. and try agin l8r. thats what i do. it kinda works

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
haha yea chances are u will never win, so far i am 2 for 2 with not having to buy my fullies, my switch was a grad gift and my flatline was for becoming an RA
but my other bikes/any work i need to do i have to pay for everything

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 15:00 Quote
andyjacko123 wrote:
calm down. i find. when my parents try to stop me from doin something. keep completely calm walk out of the room. into the garage/ shed and go piss off on your bike sumwer. and try agin l8r. thats what i do. it kinda works

yeah for sure, tantrums for me stopped working around...oh first grade?

clearing your head will also give you a chance to redevelop your arguments and stuff, with a level head instead of shouting whatever springs to mind.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
it's always good to think of what your parents might say about the bike before you talk to them about buying it. things like, why is it so expensive, what makes it better than what you have, why do you need it, wont a bike like that get you hurt, will it break like your other bike, will you be able to keep riding it in the future if you havent stopped growing yet. things like that. I know my parents didnt want me to buy an expensive bike until i had pretty much stopped growing. and i bought a bike that was on sale and a little big for me at the time. now, its the perfect size and my parents and i are happy because of the deal i got on it.

now that i'm kinda on my own at college, i bought a new(used) blk mrkt for $700 and it was still pretty much brand new. i didnt tell my parents i was getting it, i just bought it and told them when they saw it in the garage. they dont care now. i'm 18, i had good reason to buy it, and its a good way for me to learn how to budget my money. reasons for the new bike: simpler and lighter to have with me at school and take to my 3rd floor room. single speed means my friend cant break my derailleur again (ha!), and if i ride it to class, it looks like any old bike instead of a dh rig.

you gotta look at the angles. all the angles

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
yeah i want to buy a dirtjumper, but my parents but you have to think you're going to be riding more then jumping, while trails are 4 miles away and dirtjumps are 5 minutes away..

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
actually, my parents were kind of right. I'm not too crazy about buying a new bike now. I'm more interested in playing guitar, and I'll be getting my G1 in 2 months, so after I buy a new guitar I should be saving to buy a vehicle. My brother has my old Haro backtrail BMX that I could use since he never rides it, but it will be a bitch when my buddies want to do some long distance biking..

Since I'm going to buy a new guitar and then after that I will have to save for a vehicle, I can't be buying a bike. I will need a vehicle to move my guitar gear to shows and whatever else.

The things that are important to me have changed. playing music is #1

I'll be pretty much done with biking after this summer. I would love to get a decent bike because it's fun as hell but also playing music is fun as hell and thats what I want to do

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 5:04 Quote
heyhey wrote:
nwd26 wrote:
jimmymtbking wrote:

yeah,same
hahaha mee three

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 5:07 Quote
chrisx182 wrote:
actually, my parents were kind of right. I'm not too crazy about buying a new bike now. I'm more interested in playing guitar, and I'll be getting my G1 in 2 months, so after I buy a new guitar I should be saving to buy a vehicle. My brother has my old Haro backtrail BMX that I could use since he never rides it, but it will be a bitch when my buddies want to do some long distance biking..

Since I'm going to buy a new guitar and then after that I will have to save for a vehicle, I can't be buying a bike. I will need a vehicle to move my guitar gear to shows and whatever else.

I'll be pretty much done with biking after this summer. I would love to get a decent bike because it's fun as hell but also playing music is fun as hell and thats what I want to do

*sniff sniff* what a sad story. i dont think will ever give up biking!!!

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
bikerchris34 wrote:
chrisx182 wrote:

*sniff sniff* what a sad story. i dont think will ever give up biking!!!

holy crap he should just get off of the site now. we dont like you here anymore, you're a traitor and might as well hang out with the-ultimate-cyclist. thanks for ruining my hope in civilization

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
Lol, chill out.

I'm riding BMX right now. Then when my band gets recording I won't have time for biking. But if I ever get enough money to spend on a bike, I might want to buy a MTB so I can ride in my time off.

I don't like BMX. I'm 6'1 and it's hard on the wrists AND the back!

I'll have to take some pictures

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 8:30 Quote
Terri-Anne wrote:
mamaloney wrote:
parents suck...
nah they don't. Get 'em on your side, and you're sorted!
Agree parents don't suck...They are happy that i am into biking and not drugs or some other type of trouble

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 6:20 Quote
Yeah although they can be annoying at times, you wouldn't be here without them!

I got into biking like 3 or 4 years ago and i dragged my mum out with me...last year she rode the transrockies and we regularaly go out for rides together or with friends...it makes such a difference because rather than sitting in the car or whatever she can actually come with me. i know quite a few people who have parents that ride and some times its the parent(s) dragging the kids out for a ride!

She still won't let me race downhill though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013957
Mobile Version of Website