Grime thread.

• Previous Page
Posted: Oct 7, 2012 at 6:22 Quote
Searched for one and couldnt find it.
Thread to post grime, new or old, good or bad. Comments and discussion would be nice.
Please follow the forum rules closely and try to stick to the genre as much as possible. From what i know its a UK born genre and the boundaries of a genre can be somewhat blurry at times and per person so some rap/hip hop is permitted but not ideal. Also, grime now has somewhat of a worldwide collective so music from other countries would be good.
Anyway, i blab.
Here are the rules:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=3269

I shall begin with:

Only just got into Mic Righteous.

Posted: Oct 7, 2012 at 7:17 Quote
Not really a massive fan of Grime, don't mind some of Kano's old stuff etc.

This is pretty sick though:

I was at a Disclosure gig on Wednesday and they played this at the end, safe to say it was well received:

Posted: Oct 7, 2012 at 7:33 Quote
subbed Smile

listen to it but dont really look for it so ill just lurk Smile

Posted: Oct 7, 2012 at 9:56 Quote
Ahhh thought you liked it as you posted jehst and a few others (close enough).
Yeah thats a preditah beat, one of the vip's? Couple of similar beats he has. Tulisa used one of his instrumentals so he is pretty big right now.
Love manga:

Shame dizzee changed his style, rarely an artist makes a change like that and recovers the hardcore fans later.

Invite anyone you know may be interested.

Posted: Oct 7, 2012 at 10:17 Quote
I don't mind it, don't actively look for Grime but I sometimes come across some stuff I like. UK Hip Hop is where it's at for me, Jehst, Akala, Foreign Beggars, Braintax, Klashnekoff etc.

Posted: Oct 7, 2012 at 10:52 Quote
I thought as much, some of those artists cross over though which is why suspect you come across it sometimes.

Posted: Oct 11, 2012 at 14:50 Quote
Defo subbed for this, righteous' new sbtv went in to hard, gonna throw in some local talent from a very good friend of mine

Posted: Oct 11, 2012 at 16:37 Quote
SBTV is pretty hot right now.
Missed your sub. Sami switch has some pretty clever lyrics.
Not sure on this guy:

Posted: Oct 19, 2012 at 13:11 Quote
What happened to ears, so under rated?

In the dungeon.

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 at 0:46 Quote

not really a fan of grime myself.... but i don't mind the odd bit of ukhh/grime sort of thing if that makes sense

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 at 4:39 Quote
Certainly does make sense. Had that track on playlist since it came out. Still havent hear dthe new album yet.

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 8:20 Quote
Cant get enough of this:

Not huge on show n prove but this is well done.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012739
Mobile Version of Website