Sexiest DH bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest DH bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 20:39 Quote
All WC racers are now on 29" pretty much, or mullet bikes?

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 21:00 Quote
fredro wrote:
All WC racers are now on 29" pretty much, or mullet bikes?

Yes. 29 is sexy

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

I can't say it looks good...I'm biased. But hey. if its faster. then what can you say... its not pretty though. The straight tubes on the rear triangle don't match up or work with the curvier front triangle imo
(srry for posting my own bike. but it was the only pic of the "last gen wilson frame" i had on my Laptop)

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
i think it looks miles better than the old wilson. but sort of looking like a commencal supreme

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 14:55 Quote
I like it just as much as the old Wilson, but i´m not quite sure the Wilson of all bikes really needs the HPP treatment.
I like me some HPP, but the backend of the Wilson is pure gold already. It´s probably just the right time to make switch and safe some money off those licensing fees towards DW though, since everyone is crazy about HPP anyways at the moment.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 3:06 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
More on this?

No DW sus?

In my opinion, old Wilson was a plain simple single pivot with a DW designed shock drive, the new is a hpp single pivot too, no matter how many links attached between rocker and shock.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 5:28 Quote
The old Wilson was split pivot, shamelessly stolen by trek as ABP.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 6:15 Quote
Brasher wrote:
The old Wilson was split pivot, shamelessly stolen by trek as ABP.
split pivot and ABP are just single pivots with a floating brake.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 17:37 Quote
But from an engineering standpoint it’s like saying cats and dogs are the same because they have 4 Legs.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 17:51 Quote
Brasher wrote:
But from an engineering standpoint it’s like saying cats and dogs are the same because they have 4 Legs.
it really isn't, they're functionally identical. The seatstay is the floating brake mount.

Saying FSR and DW are the same would be like saying cats and dogs are the same because they both have 4 legs.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 6:09 Quote
Please don't post your own bike. It's even in the forum title.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 6:41 Quote
Not to encourage this behaviour....

...but man, do I miss seeing single crown bikes with rigid posts and rings bigger than the cassette. Such a mean look.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018296
Mobile Version of Website