Cranks ?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Cranks ?
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:10 Quote
what do you people think of the wtp royal, im thinking of getting some off 3ride for 150$

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:14 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
what do you people think of the wtp royal, im thinking of getting some off 3ride for 150$

Get the one with the Ti spindal,, the normal ones are a bit heavy and the Ti would be great to reduce abit of ounces

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:14 Quote
maybe in the future but i just need a good crank thats 19mm

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:16 Quote
well its your choice... but if you were going for just the normal WTP cranks, youd be better off gettin' the Redline cranks- Cheaper, lighter, and just as strong

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:20 Quote
snoppy647 wrote:
well its your choice... but if you were going for just the normal WTP cranks, youd be better off gettin' the Redline cranks- Cheaper, lighter, and just as strong

do you know what size spindal it is?...it doesnt say on 3ride...that is if you mean redline device

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:25 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
snoppy647 wrote:

do you know what size spindal it is?...it doesnt say on 3ride...that is if you mean redline device

19mm

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:26 Quote
good ...sounds awesome...

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:28 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
good ...sounds awesome...

http://www.redlinebicycles.com/freestyle/device-cranks.html

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:34 Quote
exact ones i was looking at...

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 21:38 Quote
so far ive heard horror stories about all the cranks that i listed except profiles, seems that they are the most reliable option and with a ti spindle just as light as almost everything else. I'd still like to try the fly's are the demolitions but im on the weary side... i guess ill just have to decide and live with the decision i make

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 23:14 Quote
how about the stolen teams, look nice and cheap, anyone used 'em?

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 18:16 Quote
hey everyone, read the 3 pages behnd, and came to redline's

i need something cheap strong, because i want to go sealed. my stock tubular chromoly cranks are strong as *cough*, but the unsealed BB is horror. it's bent about 10 times, so its time to go sealed. for anyone else wondering, the profile cranks are amazing. my friend runs them on his doberman and LOVES them. but i can't afford them. i'm looking along the lines of redline device, and a kink mid bb. i have a kink frame, so i thought why not get a kink BB? if anyone could message me about cranks, it'd be greatly appreciated. i'm als looking for a cheap 14mm front wheel if anyone has one?

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 18:20 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
hey everyone, read the 3 pages behnd, and came to redline's

i need something cheap strong, because i want to go sealed. my stock tubular chromoly cranks are strong as *cough*, but the unsealed BB is horror. it's bent about 10 times, so its time to go sealed. for anyone else wondering, the profile cranks are amazing. my friend runs them on his doberman and LOVES them. but i can't afford them. i'm looking along the lines of redline device, and a kink mid bb. i have a kink frame, so i thought why not get a kink BB? if anyone could message me about cranks, it'd be greatly appreciated. i'm als looking for a cheap 14mm front wheel if anyone has one?

The redline device cranks are very very good cranks. My friend and a local pro that I know run them and they both have no complaints. They are both street and park riders and the cranks have held up all season to bails, grinds and stalls. Probably the best cranks out there for the money.

~Mark

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:00 Quote
markbatt wrote:
The redline device cranks are very very good cranks. My friend and a local pro that I know run them and they both have no complaints. They are both street and park riders and the cranks have held up all season to bails, grinds and stalls. Probably the best cranks out there for the money.

~Mark

I ride 'em, love 'em. Cheap, too. Brilliant cranks.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 15:40 Quote
If you want strong and basically light at the same time look at the Primo Powerbites. Those things last forever, some people have had theres for 7 years if you maintain them well. The Demolitions are good too as well as Wethepeople Royals. Profiles has the infamous "Profile Wobble", Wombolts snap like twigs if you don't install them right, and Fly's have a tenancy to snap at the pedal bosses.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013419
Mobile Version of Website