The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread

PB Forum :: Specialized
The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread
Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 13:12 Quote
Long shot...but here goes

2012 26" Stumpy EVO.

Looking at a DVO Topaz with clevis, which is a 48mm stroke shock vs 51 for the EVO.

Anyone know how much travel i woul dbe losing by using a shorter stroke shock?

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 14:39 Quote
cant tell you how much exactly, but I have not noticed any difference in travel. I have the exact same bike and the topaz with a bike yoke clevis. Best upgrade I ever did on the bike

keenanmoi wrote:

2012 26" Stumpy EVO.

Looking at a DVO Topaz with clevis, which is a 48mm stroke shock vs 51 for the EVO.

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 21:01 Quote
angel13 wrote:
cant tell you how much exactly, but I have not noticed any difference in travel. I have the exact same bike and the topaz with a bike yoke clevis. Best upgrade I ever did on the bike

keenanmoi wrote:

2012 26" Stumpy EVO.

Thanks for the feedback, I decided to get a Bikeyoke ans a regular 190x51 topaz. No point in giving up the travel.

esp seeing as i just put a 160 pike up front. no idea why the prev owner put a QR Revelation up front.

Another user told me you lose 8.8mm. not worth it!

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 23:36 Quote
I have a 160 pike up front as well Smile that was a good call as well as it raised the BB height. You should post your bike up here. Eould love to see it.
keenanmoi wrote:
angel13 wrote:

keenanmoi wrote:

2012 26" Stumpy EVO.

Thanks for the feedback, I decided to get a Bikeyoke ans a regular 190x51 topaz. No point in giving up the travel.

esp seeing as i just put a 160 pike up front. no idea why the prev owner put a QR Revelation up front.

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 9:29 Quote
angel13 wrote:
I have a 160 pike up front as well Smile that was a good call as well as it raised the BB height. You should post your bike up here. Eould love to see it.
keenanmoi wrote:
angel13 wrote:

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 10:01 Quote
dont suppose anyone has a spare yoke for 2013 stumpy evo

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 12:32 Quote
dannyboi132 wrote:
dont suppose anyone has a spare yoke for 2013 stumpy evo

https://www.bikeyoke.de/en/bikeyokes/specialized-stumpjumper/

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
In an effort to remove weight from my back I've recently been on the lookout for a frame bag to fit my Stumpy Evo 2013 and I thought I'd share my findings on this thread.

It can be a struggle trying to find a bag to fit curvy frames like the Evo without paying a premium for a custom design but if you have a large 2013 Evo you're in luck (may also fit other sizes/years/non-evo frames). I discovered this super cheap bag will fit perfectly if you mount it upside down!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roswheel-Bicycle-Triangle-Saddle-Frame-Tube-Bag-Black-Large-Capacity-NEW-/253172637324?hash=item3af243de8c:g:gRgAAOSwErFZyA~h

The fit doesn't look so great on the non-driveside due to the lack of a foam insert on that side. No idea if this is to make it easier to open the bag, or if my example is just missing a piece, but you could always add your own if necessary. Mounting it this way up does mean the zip is on the underside, but this isn't a problem if you lie the bike down before opening the bag.

You can still access the lockout on the shock and it leaves plenty of room for a bottle, especially if you use a side-loading cage. It also means you can carry proper sized tools rather than rely on tiny ones crammed in handlebars/BBs/steerers.

Mine is currently holding:
Tube
Lezyne HV Alloy Drive pump
Multi tool
Leatherman-style tool
Chaintool
Puncture repair kit.
2 energy bars
Tyre Levers
Phone (~5in screen, may not fit current huge phones)

Not bad for £7.50!

Frame bag testing.
  Frame bag testing.

Frame bag testing
  Frame bag testing

Frame bag testing.
  Frame bag testing.

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 19:08 Quote
the answer might already be hidden in these pages but is it possible to run a 197x47.6mm rear shock from 2016 Stumpjumper on a 2014 Stumpjumper Comp EVO 29 which has a 195x46mm?

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 at 15:05 Quote
Will the new 2019 Evo get the posts going again?

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 8:05 Quote
maccasparks wrote:
Will the new 2019 Evo get the posts going again?

I sure hope so, it seems like I’m the only person really excited about this bike.

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
@maccasparks & @shredmonkey303

Not the only ones!

Does it need a new thread? "2019 Stumpjumper EVO"

I'm considering ordering one. They're still about 4 weeks out from arriving at any of the local shops.

I wasn't considering it until I rode an alu Sentinel and really liked the geo. I'm guessing the Spesh alu frame is a bit lighter than the Tranny alu frame.

And sweet that the price point is reasonable too. Super excited for the bike.

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 22:39 Quote

26" 2014 EVO reincarnated to Stumpy 2018 standards.

Found a new 2015 29'r rear triangle here on PB and swapped out the 2014 26" rear. Upgraded to 27.5 wheels and added a 140/170mm Lyrik. 150mm Debonaire has been shimmed down to 140mm to match the fork.

Specialized 10mm steerer race:
65.5deg HA @ 140mm
64.5deg HA @ 170mm

170mm OneUp dropper w/ Bontranger remote. 511EX rims w/ 240 hubs.

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 7:44 Quote
Patiently waiting on some 2019 EVO ride reviews, anybody seen any new info?

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 21:30 Quote
Ob917 wrote:
Patiently waiting on some 2019 EVO ride reviews, anybody seen any new info?

Only new info I know of is that it will be speced with NX Eagle not GX as shown in all the media test rides.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008481
Mobile Version of Website