The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread

PB Forum :: Specialized
The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread
Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 1:59 Quote
Hi people, I have lost a yoke bolt (2-k in service manuals, it says it was used from 2012 to 2015) from my Stumpjumper FSR Evo.

Now, everything I find is really expensive bolt kits (up to 100€ in Europe), and I know they are not really selling them one by one.

So, does anybody maybe have some spare for some reason, or do you know how to get a hold on just that one or any other a bit cheaper solution that doesn't leave me with a handful of unnecessary parts for this oldie.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 17:23 Quote
2019 stumpy evo officially live on the specialized website.
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens-stumpjumper-evo-comp-alloy-29/p/159451

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 21:19 Quote
https://youtu.be/HukJIqsIAaA

Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 9:59 Quote
How rare is a black 2013 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon Evo 29 size large?

Posted: Feb 27, 2019 at 1:56 Quote
Can anyone tell me the characteristic differences between the hi and low positions on the new stumpy evo 650b please. I’ve had it in low since I got it and it’s awesome apart from smashing pedals

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 10:29 Quote
Meh, wrong thread, ignore me.

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 0:55 Quote
Hello,
In 2016 i bought a used stump evo 2012 (alloy). After 4 mounth the seat stays snaped near the brake fixation. I've changed it and now I'm noticing there's a crack on the same spot it snapped 3 years ago.
Is this normal ? Are enduro bikes in alloy this weak or i'm doing something wrong ? I don't go to bikepark and where I ride it's pretty flat, Could it come from the skidding ?

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 2:35 Quote
Hi, first bike beginner here...just picked up a 2015 SJ FSR EVO. The chain ring/chain/cassette seems to be worn out and would like to replace them. So I thought I might as well change it to a 1x, would most 10speed cassettes work? Or is there a special conversion/spec for the chain ring/cassette I need to look out for?

https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/stumpjumper-fsr-comp-evo-650b/p/65251

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 4:36 Quote
Nothing special. Just want a wide range cassette and narrow wide front chain ring

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 10:38 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Nothing special. Just want a wide range cassette and narrow wide front chain ring

Ok, thanks for the quick reply! Thinking if I should go oval chain ring haha. Will shop around on black friday!

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 17:23 Quote
Just picked up a 2015 Stumpjumper Evo Comp 29er, super fired up to get out on it!

I have a couple of questions about it, hoping you guys can help me out!

I was debating upgrading the following:
- Rear Shock
- Fork
- Wheelset
- cranks/chainring system

Firstly, has anyone taken a 29 and scaled it back to a 650b setup?

Secondly, Im reading a lot about the topaz, I'm currently on the stock CTD, but weigh in at 230 any recommendations? and does anyone have the measurements I should be looking for?

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 21:36 Quote
JHaley11 wrote:
Firstly, has anyone taken a 29 and scaled it back to a 650b setup?

Secondly, Im reading a lot about the topaz.

Yea specialized did! Thats literally what the 2015 650b stumpy was. Kinda rode like crap.

Tapaz was a solid shock. I had one installed on a Canfield Riot. There is only one that will fit your stumpy, since it requires the specialized yoke mount. Most shops should be able to order one for you, or you can call DVO directly and get it like that.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
Updated the old steed Smile Replaced the 10 speed Zee setup.

New kit:
Shimano XT Rear Mech
Shimano XT Shifter and chain
Sunrace 11 speed cassette 11-46
Brand X 150mm Dropper (replaced RS Reverb 125mm)
New Specialized Butcher at the rear

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
Hi,

I'm currently rebuilding completely a Stumpjumper EVO 29" 2014, and I changed the rear shock to a RS monarch plus RC3 with autosag. Originally the shock came from a 2012 stumpjumper 29" EVO.

Has anyone who did the swap have had problems with the woke bolt? The bolt to fit the yoke on the shock is a bit too long because the thread on the Fox CTD was way deeper than the one on the RS. Are they different yoke bolt sizes for the stumpjumper? Probably a couples of shims behind the yoke will do the job, but it's weird no one ever mention this before from my research...

Thanks for your input !

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 15:31 Quote
Update:

Still don't know if there is two sizes for the yoke bolt, but I put a shim made from a drilled chainguide spacer and now it is super tight. No more play comming from the yoke and the shocks!

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011741
Mobile Version of Website