The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread

PB Forum :: Specialized
The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread
Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 12:05 Quote
There was a spacer to install where you described included when the shocks were sold new. My Monarch Plus Debonair had it as well. As long as the spacer you made allows you to get torque spec without play or contacting the seat tube, you should be good.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 12:03 Quote
gerhards wrote:
There was a spacer to install where you described included when the shocks were sold new. My Monarch Plus Debonair had it as well. As long as the spacer you made allows you to get torque spec without play or contacting the seat tube, you should be good.

Good call on the torque spec! I'll keep an eye on it the first couples ride to be sure that thing stay in place and don't develop play over time!

Thanks

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
If you are concerned and it keeps coming undone a small dab of blue loctite would help

Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 1:34 Quote
Hey guys!

Just wondering whether anyone knows the specific geo differences between the 2019 S2 Stumpy evo 27.5 (alloy) and the 29er one.

Cheers!

Posted: Jun 5, 2022 at 13:11 Quote
Rear shock question.
Currently running a Rockshox Monarch plus RC3 on a stumpjumper EVO 2014 (195x46mm). I'm looking to upgrade the air can to a Debonair and get rid of the Autosag. I'm wondering if this is the right can upgrade for my shock even if not the same mesurement at 190x51/200x51?

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/rockshox-debonair-air-can-upgrade-kit-190-200mm-x-51mm-b1-and-later-monarch-2014-rt3-2013?fbclid=IwAR21VYoOujX5HoWStx0a4--QGznufiJ-8Rhzw68anBAN9LGMLtCgw6qGQBk

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 9:18 Quote
marinshredder wrote:
Hey guys!

Just wondering whether anyone knows the specific geo differences between the 2019 S2 Stumpy evo 27.5 (alloy) and the 29er one.

Cheers!

https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/specialized-men-s-stumpjumper-evo-comp-alloy-29-2019-s2,specialized-stumpjumper-evo-27-5-2019-s2/

should have all the answers you want here!

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 13:38 Quote
photo

My little trail slayer
'12 or '13 stumpy comp 29er (now a mullet)
Lyrik 160mm fork
120mm RC rc3+ debonair
Nukeproof wheelset
NX drive train
Nukeproof bars
Avid code brakes 200/180

Posted: Aug 25, 2022 at 7:22 Quote
This is my 22 Stumpy Evo Comp Alloy, pretty much stock:
160mm Fox 36 Rhythm fork
Fox Float X Performance shock 150mm rear travel
NX Drivetrain 12Speed
Sram Code R 200mm rotors 4 pot brakes

I only changed the stem for a 45mm one i had on my rockhopper expert and a Deity 30mm riserbar 800mm, I was wondering if I can ride enduro races with my bike? im planning to upgrade the rear link to a cascade components that will give me 158mm of rear travel from the stock 150mm, a 35mm stem
photo

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2022 at 9:05 Quote
madmonkey2315 wrote:
This is my 22 Stumpy Evo Comp Alloy, pretty much stock:
160mm Fox 36 Rhythm fork
Fox Float X Performance shock 150mm rear travel
NX Drivetrain 12Speed
Sram Code R 200mm rotors 4 pot brakes

I only changed the stem for a 45mm one i had on my rockhopper expert and a Deity 30mm riserbar 800mm, I was wondering if I can ride enduro races with my bike? im planning to upgrade the rear link to a cascade components that will give me 158mm of rear travel from the stock 150mm, a 35mm stem
photo

If I were to race, I might change first better rotors,because Sram Centerlines are not up to today's standard. Look Galfer or Sram HS2 rotors. When I changed to the quality rotor, I was even able to change the front rotor smaller. Retaining better braking power without the problem of overheating.

Keep the 45mm stem, promise it rides better than 35mm. More grip at the front.
Next, NX parts when they wear out.

New Fox 36 Rhythm is a good fork.

Posted: Sep 2, 2022 at 11:18 Quote
Just hopped back on the Specialized train. Bought a 2021 Trek Slash and after nothing but 2 creaky/loud frames (after the original cracked and was warrantied), blown rear hubs and leaky rear shocks, I decided to jump on a 2022 Stumpy Evo alloy frame the LBS had in stock for a good deal. One ride out on it so far and the bike is SILENT and grips the trails so much better than the Slash. I was on Stumpy's for 3 bikes before the Slash and should have never decided to try something different. Right back at home on the Evo

Build:
2022 Stumpy Evo Allloy frame S4
Fox Float X rear shock, RockShox Lyrik Select+ fork 160
Sram GX drivetrain
Sram Code R brakes 203/180
Bontrager Line 30 Wheelset
Maxxis Minion DHF front/Aggressor rear
RaceFace Turbine bars/stem

2022 Stumpy Evo alloy

Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
freerider129 wrote:
Just hopped back on the Specialized train. Bought a 2021 Trek Slash and after nothing but 2 creaky/loud frames (after the original cracked and was warrantied), blown rear hubs and leaky rear shocks, I decided to jump on a 2022 Stumpy Evo alloy frame the LBS had in stock for a good deal. One ride out on it so far and the bike is SILENT and grips the trails so much better than the Slash. I was on Stumpy's for 3 bikes before the Slash and should have never decided to try something different. Right back at home on the Evo

Build:
2022 Stumpy Evo Allloy frame S4
Fox Float X rear shock, RockShox Lyrik Select+ fork 160
Sram GX drivetrain
Sram Code R brakes 203/180
Bontrager Line 30 Wheelset
Maxxis Minion DHF front/Aggressor rear
RaceFace Turbine bars/stem

2022 Stumpy Evo alloy

How do you like it?! I’m on an enduro and I was looking to loose some weight and travel and grab one of these

Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 12:31 Quote
Whitewhale89 wrote:
How do you like it?! I’m on an enduro and I was looking to loose some weight and travel and grab one of these

I've only been out on it once, but compared to the Slash, it definitely feels more comfy on the trails. Not sure if it's new bike enjoyment or what but feels better. Not that the Slash was a bad riding bike, just a bit overkill for the trail rides. I'll update when I get some more time out on it

Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 17:40 Quote
@whitewhale89 So I've got a handful of trail rides and a few chairlift runs at Killington. This bike rips. Steady and feels great on the mtn too. I might get a mullet setup for it over the winter and see how it goes. Overall, very happy with the purchase

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 11:28 Quote
@Whitewhale89 im currently on a stumpy Evo alloy comp, coming from a status 140 and I really love this bike, it climbs really well and rips down much better than my status, as far as I know, there are some guys out here that are ripping enduro races with it and it’s awesome, I want to get a cascade designs rear link because it gives you a better geo and also increases the travel from 150 to 157mm with the stock rear shock, it might not sound so much 7mm but I think will make wonders on the bike.
I have used my stumpy on enduro tracks and trail tracks mostly but also I have done quite a few laps on a downhill race track and the bike takes it flawlessly

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2023 at 20:18 Quote
Anyone here on a 2023 Stumpjumper Evo with Hayes brakes?
My Dominion brakes have a brake hose outer diameter (OD) of 5.5mm, where Sram/Shimano use 50mm OD brake hose.

The problem is, the tube in tube internal routing on my 2023 SJ Evo seems to be 5.0mm and does not fit the larger hose.
Possible resolutions seem to be the following:

- Remove the tube in tube routing on my frame Eek
- Buy a different rear brake with a 5.0mm OD
- Replace the brake hose with the Jagwire Pro hose kit (5.0mm OD)

Interested to hear if anyone else has run into this problem, I've seen posts on some other forums about this as well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.120133
Mobile Version of Website