The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread

PB Forum :: Specialized
The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread
O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2023 at 23:33 Quote
I have the option of upgrading the shock on a current Stumpjumper EVO to a Super Deluxe (not MY23). It's a shock intended for the MY19 SJ with a 52,5 mm stroke (stroke can easily be fixed with a service) and an L/L tune.

Any ideas if this tune would fit the current EVO reasonably well?

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 7:37 Quote
Decided to try out some new suspension options on my Evo. Replaced the Lyrik with a Bomber Z1 and the Float X with a Bomber CR coil. First trail ride out felt very good. Only took a few tweaks to both ends to get a good feel. I'll have to give the coil some time, and may switch back and forth between the coil and Float X to compare. But overall it felt pretty good on the trails.

photo
photo

Posted: Sep 7, 2023 at 13:58 Quote
So after jumping the gun without doing my research, I took the Bomber CR coil rear shock off and put the stock Fox Float X back on. Read too many articles about certain coil shocks not being compatible with the Stumpy and the Bomber was on that list. Too bad, I really liked the coil feeling. I might try and grab an Ohlins or RS SuperDelux coil at some point for it.

Posted: Feb 9, 2024 at 18:19 Quote
Waking up this old thread but, does anyone know if a 2015 650b chainstay and seatstay fit on a stumpjumper evo 26 inch 2014 front triangle ? Specialized confirmed that both model years share the same bolt kit, bearing kit and rocker/link. Specializwd can't confirm if the part will fit or not.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010881
Mobile Version of Website