Suspension pivot creaking, in need of some advices

PB Forum :: Devinci
Suspension pivot creaking, in need of some advices
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 7:22 Quote
Hi all,

In the past I've adressed some issues with my suspension pivot links and asked for help. Ended up finding the answers myself but this time I need your advices. The 2010 hectik I'm having problem with is fitted with needle bearings in the pivots; I think the other 2010 bikes from devinci have those instead of bushings ?

My problem comes from the link pivot on the bottom tube, where my rp23 is attached. I checked all the other ones by opening them and cleaning them.The creaking sound appears when the shock is extending to it's maximum length; If I lift the bike or push the swingarm by hand, the sound is more obvious. I dissasembled the shock and swing arm, to have only the link attached to the frame and it was creaking when I was making it move slowly. If I under torque the pivot link at 5 Nm no creaking can be heard. At 6Nm it starts to creak. I've regreased this pivot numerous time, especially the bushings that go at each end.It solve the problem for 1 hour, then the creaking starts again. I think it only comes from those bushings, as the bearings are quite new, but I could be wrong. The problem started by compressing the shock with the bike stationary, I didn't rode it. It's really a pain in the *** to work with this type of suspension ! I wish it was simplier, and quieter ! What do you suggest ? Change the whole pivot ? (new axles,bearings,bushings,and lock screws)

Thank you for your help; I like my bike and don't want to change it, but I'm disappointed to have such problems..

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 at 21:32 Quote
I've got the Frantik, and had some creaking. Bearing grease slathered on every part totally shut up all sounds from the suspension. What kind of grease are you using? The grease on mine lasts for weeks of riding.

Posted: Oct 22, 2012 at 5:05 Quote
I used motorex grease for the bearings, and then some finish line grease with teflon in it for the bushings . When I grease the link pivot it stops creaking for some time ( no riding ) and then it starts again, jut by compressing the shock...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005657
Mobile Version of Website