Need some help with my fork.

PB Forum :: Beginners
Need some help with my fork.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 23, 2012 at 6:16 Quote
First off, I have a Giant Revel 1 that I bought brand new. The fork on it is a cheapo SR Suntour XCM V3. I went riding on a rainy day on my local trails and got super muddy. I brought the bike back and I let it sit in my garage over night and when I came back the next afternoon, my fork has completely locked up on me. I tried loosining it up by simply pushing and going down some stairs. Standing over and pushing down on the fork, it moves fine, but not like it used to. I also washed the bike as well thinking that would help as well. My brother and a friend went riding too, and it happened to their forks as well. I'm sure this has happened to other people before, so I am asking what to do. Any help? Thanks.

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 at 22:08 Quote
Someformofhuman wrote:
First off, I have a Giant Revel 1 that I bought brand new. The fork on it is a cheapo SR Suntour XCM V3. I went riding on a rainy day on my local trails and got super muddy. I brought the bike back and I let it sit in my garage over night and when I came back the next afternoon, my fork has completely locked up on me. I tried loosining it up by simply pushing and going down some stairs. Standing over and pushing down on the fork, it moves fine, but not like it used to. I also washed the bike as well thinking that would help as well. My brother and a friend went riding too, and it happened to their forks as well. I'm sure this has happened to other people before, so I am asking what to do. Any help? Thanks.

automatic transmission fluid. Rehydrate the dust wipers on your fork with it. Just slob in on there and let it rest for a few minutes. Then put more on after about 15 to 20 minutes and ride it down a set of stairs. Take a piece of paper towel and wipe off the excess oil so dirt and crud doesn't build up and they should go back to being close to factory. Unfortunately they aren't very high quality and if you can swing it see if you can get a set of Rock Shox Dart 3's off the buy and sell here. Super cheap but infinitely better than what you are riding now.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009562
Mobile Version of Website