The awesome 4 pc. bar thread. Scerbos? Big Bobs? Deadmans? etc? Come here!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The awesome 4 pc. bar thread. Scerbos? Big Bobs? Deadmans? etc? Come here!
Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 15:51 Quote
I haven't tried Big Fours, but Scerbs are deceptive... they're narrow and the rise is low but they end up feeling tall anyway, they made my frame almost feel cramped... maybe that's why the old East coast standard was to run em on nothing but 21" frames with frontloaders Big Grin

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 16:13 Quote
So running on 20.5 with animal remix stem is a bad combo the.n haha?
Big fours are sweet they feel pretty tall for only being 8.25 they feel a lot like my 8.9 wtp bars off the envy. Which felt great too. But my problem with tem is they feel too wide. I already cut em to 27 I dont know if 26 I good either. But I'll deff stick with four pice.

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 19:01 Quote
Yeah, after I posted I put them on my Marv 20.75 and rode around a little, felt real cramped unless I slammed the stem lol, I think with the width, your arms end up impeding on space your knees normally would. Mostly I bought em when they were going away so I'd have em for nostalgia's sake.

Edit, they are stiff as f*ck.

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 19:43 Quote
Looks like I won't be getting them Frown

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 0:57 Quote
hmm weird I am running big 4s uncut but I want something with more rise like 9.5"

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 1:35 Quote
I think the main thing about scerbs that makes them feel big is the upsweep on them.

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 6:09 Quote
I have a set of the 9" FBM Black Flag bars. I haven't ridden them a ton yet, but I like them so far.

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 19:43 Quote
I can't believe I've turned into such a bike hipster:/ looking to buy an animal Cush seat and I'm totally inlove with bikes from the early 00's (basically the old animal parts kit and look) and I've basically devolved that sloppy gritty style haha I love it. But I am now quite the hipster.

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 23:05 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
I can't believe I've turned into such a bike hipster:/ looking to buy an animal Cush seat and I'm totally inlove with bikes from the early 00's (basically the old animal parts kit and look) and I've basically devolved that sloppy gritty style haha I love it. But I am now quite the hipster.

hahaha I feel way too trendy but I havent really changed my bike set up in the last 5 years... 4 pegs, 4 piece bars and a freecoaster... havng put on a brake is the only thing really saving me hahaha

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 23:28 Quote
Makes me so sad to see 4 peice trendy. But I don't think 4 pegs is trendy unless uou can't use one or more of them. If you have four but only use two or even one you're trendy. You've been a coaster rider forever haha you're safe. Kinda sucks seeing everything we love (4 peice, coasters, four pegs) and have been using forever become trendy because now we're not unique in a sense. But we still use our stuff like always haha. And breaks are cool had em for awhile but can't keep a wheel straight worth shit.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 0:23 Quote
The amount of hipster in that post made my head hurt haha. The way I see if trendy just means more companies will make parts which means more options in the long run.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 5:03 Quote
haro-rider-13 wrote:
The amount of hipster in that post made my head hurt haha. The way I see if trendy just means more companies will make parts which means more options in the long run.

Yeah to be honest kinda stoked that coasters are trendy cause the problems that they have had for years are finally being addressed, however I also get very jaded about this as I have been running one for so long and to see someone like Mr Reynolds do a fakie truck makes me sad cause I will never do one but hey now they will make a coaster that can take that abuse

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 5:43 Quote
That's my problem I've turned into a bike super hipster. But I don't mind haha.

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 14:23 Quote
Thread revive!!111

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 14:23 Quote
4 or die. Urb are you ever going back?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036074
Mobile Version of Website