Post your Yeti pics here

PB Forum :: Yeti
Post your Yeti pics here
Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 15:11 Quote
hello everyone, I'm after a specific bolt that can not be purchased separately for my 6c. it is a Pivot bolt 300030280 that seems to be only available as a rebuild kit at £180, bit of a kick in the teeth as I only replaced the bearings about a month ago. Before I pull the trigger and order just wondering if anyone has one? maybe from a warranty replacement or even an old rebuild kit. I have contacted Silverfish who cant help, YetiFan who were very helpful but unable to track one down and even Yeti Bikes USA who would supply a free one if I ordered something but shipping would be around £70. For that amount of money I think I would prefer to have a rebuild kit spare!

https://yeticycles.s3.amazonaws.com/static/pdfs/2016_OwnersManual_SB6c.pdf

Bolt 20 on the exploded view if that helps.

Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 3:06 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
hello everyone, I'm after a specific bolt that can not be purchased separately for my 6c. it is a Pivot bolt 300030280 that seems to be only available as a rebuild kit at £180, bit of a kick in the teeth as I only replaced the bearings about a month ago. Before I pull the trigger and order just wondering if anyone has one? maybe from a warranty replacement or even an old rebuild kit. I have contacted Silverfish who cant help, YetiFan who were very helpful but unable to track one down and even Yeti Bikes USA who would supply a free one if I ordered something but shipping would be around £70. For that amount of money I think I would prefer to have a rebuild kit spare!

https://yeticycles.s3.amazonaws.com/static/pdfs/2016_OwnersManual_SB6c.pdf

Bolt 20 on the exploded view if that helps.

https://yetifan.myshopify.com/products/sb5c-sb6c-shock-pivot-bolt-male-female-titanium

try that place. I've just bought a single Ti pivot bolt for my 303 r-DH from there for £11. Steep but less expensive than the kit it comes part of. EDIT just read your post "properly" and see you contacted yetifan, doh!

PS my latest up to date pic of the 303r-DH.... still intend on purchasing a angle adjust headset to get another degree or two out of her and/or maybe some 27.5 fox 40 lowers

Final red bit gone all colour co-ordinated now and looking more like I want her to. Now just to get an angle headset and make her 2deg slacker.

Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 8:25 Quote
Here's my yeti sb6,
I've built it myself, lovely to ride bike! https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb16323081/p5pb16323081.jpg

Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 21:37 Quote
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XxMPPShuPWvbbBkR8

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 10:47 Quote
baj-k wrote:
photo
Can't wait to try one-see hot it compares to an SB6

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
My SB6. Pretty much the stock SRAM build from Yeti with the exception of the Brakes (swapped for XT) and Fork (DVO Diamond). In its first year it went on a pretty great journey around the US.

I'm from Michigan and there isn't a lot of legit riding that can be done on a bike like this with the exception of the UP (Marquette and Copper Harbor). We like to #dohardthings, however, and I rode this bike on the Marji Gesick (and it saved my bacon when my brain got tired):

photo
2018-MG50-Tim-Easy-Ryder by ch0ng, on Flickr

photo
Untitled by ch0ng, on Flickr

Kingdom Trails in Vermont:
photo

Albuquerque (the Mrs and her Pivot making a cameo):
photo

Sedona:
photo

So yea, this bike can go anywhere and do anything. I love this bike. Currently it's in pieces getting its yearly bearing service while I'm laid up with a broken clavicle and can't ride. The only thing I don't really like is just how hard it is to keep clean. To really get all the dirt out of everywhere you need to pull the frame apart and while I'm a fan of the shock that it comes with from a performance perspective, I'm not a fan of having to send it to Fox for service ($215 for a full teardown and rebuild).

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 20:52 Quote
Very happy with the new rig!
Already fooled some bike nerds.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 3:53 Quote
I got this for a pretty good deal and it arrived yesterday. I got the sag set right and can't wait to hit the trails! My first Yeti.

https://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/kf_chris/Yeti%20day%201.jpg

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
Recently bought an SB5.5 and want to customize it a little bit.
Any ideas? I'm colour blind so it will end up looking a mess if i choose the colours Frown
photo

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 2:58 Quote
My Yeti sb6c back in the summer when it was warm and dry!

Any tips on protecting the infinity switch?

photo

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
einriba wrote:
My Yeti sb6c back in the summer when it was warm and dry!

Any tips on protecting the infinity switch?

photo
I garage or maybe a shed?

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 2:05 Quote
Recently finished 2020 SB140...

photo

Posted: Oct 26, 2019 at 23:27 Quote
DutchmanPhotos wrote:

photo

Thinking of getting a sb140.....can you tell me hows it all going with it...cant rely on magazine reviews

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 0:43 Quote
robbieraver wrote:
DutchmanPhotos wrote:

photo

Thinking of getting a sb140.....can you tell me hows it all going with it...cant rely on magazine reviews

Hey Robbie,

I've been riding the bike 3 times now. First in Nico Vink's bike park in Belgium, then in Germany doing some enduro routes, and last Friday I even did 50 kilometers on some fairly flat terrain with some flowy sections here in The Netherlands. Wednesday I'm taking it to Bikepark Winterberg in Germany.

All I can say is that I LOVE this bike. No doubt the best mountainbike I ever owned. It feels very stiff and solid, and it pedals really efficient. The Switch Infinity system works so well.

I had my doubt with the long reach but I pull it into a manual really easy, just like my Spectral or my Mojo 3 which were way shorter. The forward geometry of the Yeti works. The 77 degree seattube is perfect too. The bike climbs great with minimal pedal bob. It feels a little on the heavy side after a while when you ride flatter XC trails, but in the park and on trail and enduro rides where you only climb and descent, this bike really excels.

The other day I swapped the Good Year tires for a 2.3 Minion DHF and 2.3 Aggressor set up. The Good Year tires were on the wheels which came out of my hardtail, I just tried them out the first ride with the Yeti. With the Maxxis tires I could litterally throw the bike all over the trail. Super grippy, and with the long wheelbase the bike becomes an absolute weapon. Oh and it jumps well too..!!

I set up my suspension with a mechanic from Silverfish at the Yeti demo event in Belgium when I first rode it. From there I tweaked it a bit and turned the rebound almost all the way open so the bike pops good. It's very playful to say the least.

If you look at my Instagram you'll find one or two POV videos where I'm riding the bike.

@flyindutchman75

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013865
Mobile Version of Website