Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 12:37 Quote
I am so comfortable with deharts that it's unlikely that I'll ever swap from them

Although this time I had trouble to find them

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 12:37 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
I bought one ti sprocket bolt and ive spent the last 2 years desperately struggling to not buy loads more ti bolts haha.
I would love to make my bike really really light but I just bought 2.5 slick tires so it's probably not gonna happen. Not having a sprocket or chain cuts some weight though lol

got a drill and a file aint ya?

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 12:39 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I am so comfortable with deharts that it's unlikely that I'll ever swap from them

Bmx parts are so similar at the end of the day you may as well try different things. That's why I've gone for different grips even though I loved the Animal kocsis ones I have now.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 12:39 Quote
iffy wrote:
raytheotter wrote:
I bought one ti sprocket bolt and ive spent the last 2 years desperately struggling to not buy loads more ti bolts haha.
I would love to make my bike really really light but I just bought 2.5 slick tires so it's probably not gonna happen. Not having a sprocket or chain cuts some weight though lol

got a drill and a file aint ya?

No! Bad Iffy!

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
I have a couple of sets of frankly ridiculously bulky bmx tyres sat at the shop, namely being BSD Alex's and Animal MTT's... Really wanted to rock the Animal's on the Judas but just could not get a brake to work with them, there was not even a whole mm of clearance to work with.

Tempted to swap out the petrol snafu cranks for some Primo's we have kicking about too. Hmmmmmm...

Oh yeah, Proper hubs, any good?

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 12:53 Quote
My proper cassette lasted years.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 12:57 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
My proper cassette lasted years.

Got one of these sat in the 'scrap' box. Its in need of a new axle and the shell is covered in nibbles where somebody has clearly been grinding without a guard on.... But it's cheap...

Same color too..

photo

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 13:02 Quote
That's my hub. They're solid as hell. Mine is only broken because the pawls wore away from years of use and then fell apart lol

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 13:06 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
That's my hub. They're solid as hell. Mine is only broken because the pawls wore away from years of use and then fell apart lol

Want the driver off it? It's basically scrap metal otherwise haha.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 13:10 Quote
Nah I'm not going back to a cassette now. Going to scoot for a little bit and then pick up a freecoaster after I've completed this jewellery order.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 13:13 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
Nah I'm not going back to a cassette now. Going to scoot for a little bit and then pick up a freecoaster after I've completed this jewellery order.

Free toast is awesome!

I'm still well out of touch with BMX, My back just can't take the size of the bikes now. May get some taller bars and see how that works out first before considering going back up in size, perhaps a 24" bmx styled frame, Capital or something along them lines...

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 13:14 Quote
Taller bars and longer frame saved my back.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 13:20 Quote
My frame is a 20.5" already, can you go much longer for bmx's after that??

Tempted to go with some 9 or 10" 4-piece bars soon, may have to go custom so I can retain my current bars badass dropped brace bar style! Because I know how much everyone loves them...

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 13:23 Quote
Mine is 21.2. I wouldn't suggest going longer than that because they start to ride like shit.

Go high with bars. Mine have slowly crept up to 9.25 rise on top of a top load stem and an inch of spacers.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 13:43 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
jespinal wrote:

Bmx parts are so similar at the end of the day you may as well try different things. That's why I've gone for different grips even though I loved the Animal kocsis ones I have now.
I am not moving from my longnecks, sooo much freedom

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.072363
Mobile Version of Website