Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
O+
Posted: May 19, 2018 at 18:00 Quote
debonis wrote:
mfranzen wrote:
sosburn wrote:

so tired of reading peoples posts on here like “f*ck this guy, i bought his bike used and the tires have dirt on them!!!! what a dishonest douchebag”
i will never sell a bike to someone i cant meet in person

I'm with you man. If you buy a used bike you will ALWAYS find something that the original owner overlook because it was insignificant or because they were so used to it that they didn't even notice, etc. Blatant dishonesty about condition, sure, but a surface scuff, out of true rotors (isn't this a normal maintenance item? I straighten mine every few months), a damaged pedal pin or some other insignificant thing. I hate selling online, but I usually have because where I live not many people want to shell out 3-5k for a bike.

When I bought my Allez, I was rather surprised, there was literally nothing wrong with it, it's mint. I just had to do a bit of cable adjustments, mech and brake adjustments and it was good. Nothing bad about it. The only thing I managed to find wrong with it was a very minor wrinkle in the top tube paint, the stem insert installed the wrong way and maybe a few knicks in the decals on the carbon fork. Parts I have replaced (tires and rear wheel) were only replaced for something better. Nothing wrong with the rear wheel...I just had something slightly better I could toss on it....

I also bought this bike on eBay from Nova Scotia.

Sometimes, you find a unicorn for used bikes...other times it's a lemon

The point here wasn’t buying a shitty bike. It was selling your bike to some idiot who thinks theyre getting a brand new bike for half price.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2018 at 18:05 Quote
mfranzen wrote:
sosburn wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
Buys used bike, expects perfect condition.

so tired of reading peoples posts on here like “f*ck this guy, i bought his bike used and the tires have dirt on them!!!! what a dishonest douchebag”
i will never sell a bike to someone i cant meet in person

I'm with you man. If you buy a used bike you will ALWAYS find something that the original owner overlook because it was insignificant or because they were so used to it that they didn't even notice, etc. Blatant dishonesty about condition, sure, but a surface scuff, out of true rotors (isn't this a normal maintenance item? I straighten mine every few months), a damaged pedal pin or some other insignificant thing. I hate selling online, but I usually have because where I live not many people want to shell out 3-5k for a bike.

I screwed up one time and I guess there was a little bit of play in one of my pivots due to a bearing issue. I offered to refund the guy and split the return shipping but they were cool about it. I hope I don't have an experience like the other poster one day.

People are idiots. I bought a used GT fury and couldn't find anything wrong until I got home. Wheels need to be trued but Whatever, it's a used bike. Not gonna be perfect. I don't even notice my own wheels developing a wobble until it's bad.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2018 at 18:15 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Cars are worse

Yup. I only buy brand new. Bought a new truck 7 years ago and will be buying new again when the time comes. But that won't be for a long time.

Posted: May 19, 2018 at 18:35 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
Cars are worse

Yup. I only buy brand new. Bought a new truck 7 years ago and will be buying new again when the time comes. But that won't be for a long time.

Would be nice. My jeep had a short in the igntion wires cause it hangs on top of the exhaust, so someones fix before me was put a bigger fuse in it...

Posted: May 19, 2018 at 18:51 Quote
I got really lucky with my first car. Got it at under 111K miles, had it till about 176K miles. Cruise control didn't work and neither did my heated seat. Only major thing had happened to it was the head gaskets went out.

Posted: May 19, 2018 at 20:02 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
Only major thing had happened to it was the head gaskets went out.

Could've just said it's a Subaru.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2018 at 20:29 Quote
Hey piggies any recommendations for raw mtb edits?

Posted: May 19, 2018 at 20:39 Quote
foobajoob wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

Is that a common Subaru problem? Which motor?

Posted: May 19, 2018 at 20:49 Quote
GravityCandy wrote:

Views: 16,197    Faves: 298    Comments: 61

Some rowdy folks from my area.

Posted: May 19, 2018 at 20:51 Quote
Views: 11,683    Faves: 238    Comments: 70

O+
Posted: May 19, 2018 at 21:13 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
GravityCandy wrote:

Views: 16,197    Faves: 298    Comments: 61

Some rowdy folks from my area.

i know a couple of these guys, seen them do much gnarlier stuff in person. one of them raced the last EWS in france

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 4:25 Quote
mfranzen wrote:
foobajoob wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

Is that a common Subaru problem? Which motor?
Mainly on the EJ253, I believe.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 6:53 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Views: 11,683    Faves: 238    Comments: 70

I used to live right next to that place. Mostly stuck to riding water dog though.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 10:02 Quote
I know this thread is usually very on topic, but my mind is blown. It is pouring so I didn't want to go to the grocery store so I ordered groceries from Amazon. They were at my house an hour later. Why does anyone go shopping? I didn't know this service existed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.075674
Mobile Version of Website