Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 19:39 Quote
I have a couple of friends that have only had a few rides on their new posts before the start to sag.

If it’s new a bleed is all that’s required to get the air out and it should be good to go.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 19:59 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
It’s called get something other than a reverb.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 20:10 Quote
I just grabbed one off amazon. Thanks. It has a sliding rail though.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 20:20 Quote
Right, even though it’s like 4:17am as I type this- I just topped up air from 200 to 250 & still fubarred.

Sags like 2 inches, is glitchy and won’t drop more than another inch with 2 left to be dropped by plus it has movement in that it rotates.

Damn the only part that was used! Still I know a man who can sort it, just means another trip into the smoke city lol

I don’t even have a fixed post to use for later on. Rolls eyes

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 20:36 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Right, even though it’s like 4:17am as I type this- I just topped up air from 200 to 250 & still fubarred.

Sags like 2 inches, is glitchy and won’t drop more than another inch with 2 left to be dropped by plus it has movement in that it rotates.

Damn the only part that was used! Still I know a man who can sort it, just means another trip into the smoke city lol

Yeah that post is f*cked. mine was doing that right before it shat the bed mid ride, and even then it was only sagging like half an inch. good luck.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 20:57 Quote
Shite, just realised it’s Sunday so v much doubt suss service guy will be working.

Any suggestions & feedback on what dropper as I reckon it’s gonna cost bout same for service etc than a new reverb.
Plus thinking logically that a mechanical cable one would be better as cold weather looming...

Does anyone know if KS Eten comes in external 150mm drop or even a 170mm drop perhaps? Also do the KS’ now come with their southpaw remote?

Thanks guys

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 22:23 Quote
Venom is hands down the best marvel movie of the year, at least the one that I enjoyed the most

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 22:45 Quote
What do u think of Eminems Venom at empire state building?

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 23:16 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Shite, just realised it’s Sunday so v much doubt suss service guy will be working.

Any suggestions & feedback on what dropper as I reckon it’s gonna cost bout same for service etc than a new reverb.
Plus thinking logically that a mechanical cable one would be better as cold weather looming...

Does anyone know if KS Eten comes in external 150mm drop or even a 170mm drop perhaps? Also do the KS’ now come with their southpaw remote?

Thanks guys

Brand x one is cheap and reliable. Also heard good things about the one-up

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 23:48 Quote
Yeah but is the one up externally routed bud?

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 0:45 Quote
Get the drill out and go internal routing

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 0:54 Quote
What you say on a Ti frame that I am the first owner of - how very dare you young man!

Thought had x’d my mind mind though I’m coolio with external.

Ha you should see my mm or less either side of tyre to chainstays.
That’s more disconcerting

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 1:10 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:

There is something funky going on here dude Blank Stare
250PSI is correct pressure for it.
Maybe check seat collar isn't over torqued as can interfere.
And try standing on one leg while facing south west and singing to it.
Always a little wiggle in the head even from new, but shouldn't be enough to notice when riding.

I think Brand X external only goes up to 125mm, but does have fixed external routing and costs about the same as a full LBS reverb service. There are guys on eBay who'll do it cheaper though, so could be worth a try.
Fox Transfer available in 150mm external and again has fixed external routing, but not cheap unless you get lucky with a deal. Have to buy lever seperately so can go with whatever you like - Wolftooth is nicer than the Fox one and about the same price. Can try mine next week.

FWIW the only cold-related problem I've had with a dropper is lovely British rain getting into cable and freezing in "open" position so it won't stay up/down. Reverb would slow down a bit but never anything like that...

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 1:39 Quote
I did try singing sweet single syllable and even in different languages too whilst pointing it south trying to restrain myself from pulling it off in a fit of rage whilst attached to a certain special routing system fitted to under top tube.

Anyway yeah I’ll get Dave to have a look at it if he’s gonna be cheap.
Otherwise how do you want it back, bent round your neck or bent in the post ;-d

I tried your tip of compressing lever and pulling up but nothing.

I’m more pissed off tbh at bike shop who should have checked it as I specified that it might want to be checked and setup correctly with a longer hose possibly and a new lever.

F clowns, the lot of ‘em. I’m just going to buy another bike stand, and more tools and get my eye as it’s been too long.

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 2:10 Quote
Very weird man. Honestly was working when I took it off my HT, and had fresh remote bleed at LBS here. Since the it just sat in a box waiting for your build.
Make sure you give me negative seller feedback. Overpriced and clearly not a trustworthy character lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.054072
Mobile Version of Website