Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 23:51 Quote
Don't go dying on us overnight will you

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 0:01 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Don't go dying on us overnight will you

Haha I think I'll be fine. I'm more upset about my bike. First day with my new eagle derailleur and I broke it.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 6:16 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
There was me thinking I was the only one who suffered from yeasty squits after drinking beer & ale.

Most homemade beers and cidres give me the shits real bad.

Also had really sore throats after drinking home made beer

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 6:47 Quote
#saynotodrunkblowjobs

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
You throw up on someone's dick?

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 7:11 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
dkidd wrote:
f*cking snow!
Stuck in Seattle for the night after the interstate was basically impassable. I can't wait to not have to do this drive any more.
Trails are gonna be shit when I finally do make it back to Vancouver, bah!

That sucks! I started riding Seymour at 9 am. It was amazing. Trails were dry and so grippy. I was hitting skinnies I'd normally avoid (I'm terrified of wood features) and I finally hit the big rock drop on boogie nights. 3rd lap it started snowing. I crashed 3 times. First crash I hit my head on a rock. I may have a slight concussion lol. It took 2 hours to drive from North van to surrey. It's dumping up here. Don't think I'll be riding for a little while.
Oh dude, bummer about hitting your head. Take care of yourself!
Did they fix the landing on the drop? It was totally bombed out the last time I rode Boogie.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
tom666 wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
There was me thinking I was the only one who suffered from yeasty squits after drinking beer & ale.

Most homemade beers and cidres give me the shits real bad.

Also had really sore throats after drinking home made beer

Bloody kids can't handle the good stuff lol

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
You throw up on someone's dick?

Lmao

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
dkidd wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
dkidd wrote:
f*cking snow!
Stuck in Seattle for the night after the interstate was basically impassable. I can't wait to not have to do this drive any more.
Trails are gonna be shit when I finally do make it back to Vancouver, bah!

That sucks! I started riding Seymour at 9 am. It was amazing. Trails were dry and so grippy. I was hitting skinnies I'd normally avoid (I'm terrified of wood features) and I finally hit the big rock drop on boogie nights. 3rd lap it started snowing. I crashed 3 times. First crash I hit my head on a rock. I may have a slight concussion lol. It took 2 hours to drive from North van to surrey. It's dumping up here. Don't think I'll be riding for a little while.
Oh dude, bummer about hitting your head. Take care of yourself!
Did they fix the landing on the drop? It was totally bombed out the last time I rode Boogie.

I don't think so. I felt a big soft hole on the landing. I honestly have no idea why I've been so scared of it. It's easier than the A line drop in whistler which I have no problem with.

Trail crew was doing some work on the lower part of severed. Removed one of the skinnies....right after I crashed on it.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 15:44 Quote
https://www.vans.com/shop/old-skool-pro-bmx-kevin-peraza-black-checkerboard#hero=0

Dont know if Ive ever shared my disdain for 5.10s as a company. they are gouging the f*ck out of bikers since they had zero competition for so many years. Their shoes are hideous and i despise them as a company. They embody what is wrong with bike specific clothing. Expensive for no reason. Anyways, my opinion.

This new shoe from vans is far better looking, seems to be plenty durable and is less than half the cost of a new 5.10.

Totally bike specific as well. Im gonna give them a shot.

I guess what im trying to say is- support companies that support riders, not the industry.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
I quite frankly find their shoes to be right in line with any other purpose built performance shoe, such as hiking boots, and have not had a problem paying the money for them as their performance and durability have been spot on.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
I quite frankly find their shoes to be right in line with any other purpose built performance shoe, such as hiking boots, and have not had a problem paying the money for them as their performance and durability have been spot on.

I agree with Stu..My 5tens have held up real well. Vans my cost less, but they are still a Huge corp. I wore vans a long time ago, got sick of the soles falling off.

Wear what you want..Wink

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 16:21 Quote
my 5.10s are okay but the soles are really heavy compared to vans so i tend to just wear sk8 his.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
I love my 5 10 impact. I've had them 5 years now and they're still working great. Soles aren't torn up and they're still stiff. I just cleaned them and sprayed them with waterproofing for winter. My feet are toasty warm and dry.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 16:32 Quote
I've tried a bunch of other shoes (Teva, Shimano, Specialized) and I've never found anything that compete with the grip or lifespan of Five tens. They hold up to all sorts of abuse that's killed regular shoes. I usually end up throwing mine out because they're old and stinky, not worn out.

Also, gonna try riding the dh trails by my house on plus tires tonight. What's the worst that could happen. All the skinnies and rootballs are buried, and we all know what you don't see can't hurt you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042439
Mobile Version of Website