Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
You guys hear about sick bicycles and Marino, what a joke, they make excuses all of the time about communication and say they improved their communication yet they argue with people about refunds and orders on Instagram. Now their frame manufacturer came out publicly saying they didnt recieve payment due to lack of communication and will sell sick frames off themselves. They need to give up.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:34 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
You guys hear about sick bicycles and Marino, what a joke, they make excuses all of the time about communication and say they improved their communication yet they argue with people about refunds and orders on Instagram. Now their frame manufacturer came out publicly saying they didnt recieve payment due to lack of communication and will sell sick frames off themselves. They need to give up.

It's pretty well known, and has been pretty well known for just on two years.

Pinkbike gets a lot of f*ck off from me for hosting those guys, and flat out hosting a few of their lies in order to help them out rather than the customer. PB really f*cked up here imo.

That said, Marino is completely innocent as far as I can see. They got orders that they gave the correct ETA and pricing for, Sick didn't talk honestly with their customers. f*ck sick.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 16:11 Quote
https://singletrackworld.com/2019/05/sick-bicycles-are-things-as-bad-as-they-sound/

Here is a good article with some research posted around the same time the pb article.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
been banging the "f*ck sick bikes" gong for a while now. Marino is totally in the right to do what hes doing. Hes a good guy who got screwed big time. My frame from him should be done by the end of the week.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 23:29 Quote
Magnetic flat pedals yes or no? I need new shoes so I'm considering going with magnets. Would be for my Enduro and DH bike.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 0:38 Quote
Magnets as in magnets

Or magnesium?

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 2:47 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

Pretty funny. They'd be worth a lot more without a sick logos on them imo. Without that sick logo they're a cool handmade frame from Marino. With that logo on they're trash imo

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 2:53 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

Pretty funny. They'd be worth a lot more without a sick logos on them imo. Without that sick logo they're a cool handmade frame from Marino. With that logo on they're trash imo

As I stated in the sick thread I was gonna get one until I heard they were Marino frames. Not because it’s a Marino frame because I own one of his ‘Inspired’ trials frames and it’s dope but because they were hugely marked up with longer lead times then he usually has. Seemed stupid to spend nearly double and wait twice as long for literally an airbrushed logo that read ‘Sick’ instead of ‘Marino’.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
ratcat wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

As I stated in the sick thread I was gonna get one until I heard they were Marino frames. Not because it’s a Marino frame because I own one of his ‘Inspired’ trials frames and it’s dope but because they were hugely marked up with longer lead times then he usually has. Seemed stupid to spend nearly double and wait twice as long for literally an airbrushed logo that read ‘Sick’ instead of ‘Marino’.

I think it would be kinda cool to buy one now, to help out Marino, and then cover the logo in tape or something

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 4:13 Quote
Put a f*ck in front of sick

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Magnets as in magnets

Or magnesium?

Magnets. It's a new thing. Instead of a cleat you attach a metal plate. It's supposed to lock you in like clipless but safer as you can pull your feet off when needed

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 10:01 Quote
Sounds gimmicky but I dunno. Nothing wrong with regular clips.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
Nout wrong with flats to be fair

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 10:24 Quote
All I have heard is heavy. Magnets are not light.

Clippless is super easy to get out of once you spend some time on them.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

Ultimate trolling, you at the trailhead and a sick rider passes you saying excuse me, he rides the frame you paid, by getting it half price from the manufacturer of the 'frame designer' you paid your hard earned cash, that ignores you since you fully paid for it last year or the year before that, who knows...

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.061999
Mobile Version of Website