Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 19:33 Quote
dkidd wrote:
jespinal wrote:
I dont take my phone yo the gym I remember this buff as f*ck guy who came to me while I was chilling on my phone and he looks me dead in the eye and says

"If you wanna be on your phone you go to the bar or your f*cking house we are here to suffer and better ourselves"

Dude was a tool.

tiny penis detected

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 19:41 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
sooo uhhh wtf?

this is my upper shock bolt. did a full rebuild on everything to find out why my POS squeaks so much. anyone want to buy a Large 2018 Aluminum Altitude frame with new hardware?

photo

A friend of mine has broken his upper shock bolt on his instinct a few times, seems to be a common issue..

Price estimate?

If you can give me accurate dimensions I can most likely machine that at work from Ti or hardened stainless. Shit will never break!

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 21:43 Quote
dkidd wrote:
So... gym folks.

3-5 reps max weight x3 sets. Anyone familiar with low rep numbers like that? Buddy convinced me to switch up my routine.

I switch it up. Sometimes low weights high reps or high weight, low reps. I figure it's good to do both.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 21:47 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I dont take my phone yo the gym I remember this buff as f*ck guy who came to me while I was chilling on my phone and he looks me dead in the eye and says

"If you wanna be on your phone you go to the bar or your f*cking house we are here to suffer and better ourselves"

That guy should mind his own business. You do what you want. But if you're on your phone just don't use it while sitting on a machine.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 22:34 Quote
Well to an extent he was right, instead of wasting time I spent more time on cardio and limited my resting time so effectively I was more time active overall

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 1:20 Quote
dkidd wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
dkidd wrote:
So... gym folks.

3-5 reps max weight x3 sets. Anyone familiar with low rep numbers like that? Buddy convinced me to switch up my routine.

Trying to bulk up and get big?

Bulk is the goal, yeah. Lost a lot of mass the past few months despite keeping up a consistent gym routine. Been doing 3x12's of 80% weight and that's not cutting it. Changing up the diet as well and now I've finally got a bit of time to dedicate to a scheduled routine.

Ideally you would do some combination of different rep schemes. There isn't one golden rep scheme.

Say you squat twice a week and deadlift on a Sunday.

You might have a higher and a lower rep squat day. One that's like 4 sets of 4 with minimal accessory movements afterwards. The other day might involve 3 sets of 8 with lots of accessories afterwards (leg extensions, lunges, hamstring curl - all the good shit).

You effectively then have a strength session and a hypertrophy session for squat.

What's left is to add in progressive overload. Start with a weight that's very manageable and try to add 2.5kg or 5lbs to the bar every week. Once you start to feel beat up (4-6 weeks or whatever) take a deload week (drop the weight 20-30lbs) and then resume from 10lbs below what you were doing before the deload. You just want to be deadly consistent with it if possible - train on the same time on the same days.

Might look like
X
X+5
X+10
X+15
X+20
X (deload)
X+10
X+15
X+20
X+25
X (deload)

So long as you're eating enough and committed to it you will progress with it. Particularly if your technique is improving as well.

Also I'm talking about squat, but this is the same method by which you should overload all of your movements.

As you shift from being a beginner to more of an intermediate lifter 2.5kg or 5lbs are just too big and you need to find other methods of progressing.

You can:
Add more accessory movements or otherwise increase overall volume and see if you can still recover.
Change the movements up for a few weeks, do some variations like pause squats, tempo squats, ssb squats etc.

Try to progress reps instead of weight.

Week 1 150kg for 5 sets of 3
Week 2 150kg for 4 sets of 4
Week 3 150kg for 3 sets of 5
Week 4 150kg for 4 sets of 5
Week 5 150kg for 5 sets of 5

You've just taken a weight that was reasonably hard for 3s a few weeks ago for 5s - hopefully with similar difficulty (you've made gains).

Now go up 2-5kg (5-10lbs) and repeat those 5 weeks. This works really well for upper body movements where adding 2.5kg per week can be way too much.

Structure for gaining some weight and getting strong but still riding your bike might look something like this:

Tuesday: squat strength + bench press + rows (horizontal pull) + arms

Thursday: squat reps + overhead press + lat pulldown (vertical pull) + shoulders (lateral raises, upright row etc)

Sunday: deadlift + glute work + core work + shoulders + arms.

Still have Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and half of Sunday to ride bikes.

If you have a race or an epic ride or uplift weekend coming up take a deload week in the run up to it so you're not in a pit of fatigue before you even start.

If you have more questions or want me to expand on anything ask away Salute

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 1:30 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:

If you can give me accurate dimensions I can most likely machine that at work from Ti or hardened stainless. Shit will never break!

Look at this community we have here. Friends helping friends Fab

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
tom666 wrote:
dkidd wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Bulk is the goal, yeah. Lost a lot of mass the past few months despite keeping up a consistent gym routine. Been doing 3x12's of 80% weight and that's not cutting it. Changing up the diet as well and now I've finally got a bit of time to dedicate to a scheduled routine.

Ideally you would do some combination of different rep schemes. There isn't one golden rep scheme.

You might have a higher and a lower rep squat day. One that's like 4 sets of 4 with minimal accessory movements afterwards. The other day might involve 3 sets of 8 with lots of accessories afterwards (leg extensions, lunges, hamstring curl - all the good shit).

You effectively then have a strength session and a hypertrophy session for squat.

What's left is to add in progressive overload. Start with a weight that's very manageable and try to add 2.5kg or 5lbs to the bar every week. Once you start to feel beat up (4-6 weeks or whatever) take a deload week (drop the weight 20-30lbs) and then resume from 10lbs below what you were doing before the deload. You just want to be deadly consistent with it if possible - train on the same time on the same days.

Might look like
X
X+5
X+10
X+15
X+20
X (deload)
X+10
X+15
X+20
X+25
X (deload)

So long as you're eating enough and committed to it you will progress with it. Particularly if your technique is improving as well.

Also I'm talking about squat, but this is the same method by which you should overload all of your movements.

As you shift from being a beginner to more of an intermediate lifter 2.5kg or 5lbs are just too big and you need to find other methods of progressing.

You can:
Add more accessory movements or otherwise increase overall volume and see if you can still recover.
Change the movements up for a few weeks, do some variations like pause squats, tempo squats, ssb squats etc.

You've just taken a weight that was reasonably hard for 3s a few weeks ago for 5s - hopefully with similar difficulty (you've made gains).

Now go up 2-5kg (5-10lbs) and repeat those 5 weeks. This works really well for upper body movements where adding 2.5kg per week can be way too much.

Structure for gaining some weight and getting strong but still riding your bike might look something like this:

Thursday: squat reps + overhead press + lat pulldown (vertical pull) + shoulders (lateral raises, upright row etc)

Still have Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and half of Sunday to ride bikes.

If you have a race or an epic ride or uplift weekend coming up take a deload week in the run up to it so you're not in a pit of fatigue before you even start.

I’m looking to get back in the gym soon to bulk up after a while out. This seems like really sound advice and will definitely give it a go! I’m about 9 and a half stone atm (won the genetic lottery and have about 5% body fat no matter what I eat)

How do you structure your days at the gym, push, pull, legs or mix it up more?

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
tom666 wrote:
dkidd wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Might look like
X
X+5
X+10
X+15
X+20
X (deload)
X+10
X+15
X+20
X+25
X (deload)

You can:

Thanks man! Super helpful.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 12:19 Quote
Is it bad to admit I haven’t been to gym for years but have lost in last 1month a 1st 9lbs just from walking loads

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
23lb in a month. Dude you need to go see a doctor, I didn't lose weight that fast when I was bedbound in hospital.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
Actually it was 3 weeks but who’s counting ay! Lol

I remember losing a stone in a week way back when had gladular fever.
That was hardcore

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
Ha! The start of every season at work I loose 12 - 15 kg in 2 weeks every time. (TBH it’s just the weight I put on in the off season but still, 10+kg in 2 weeks shows that work can be one hell of a workout regime).

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
Skootur wrote:
Ha! The start of every season at work I loose 12 - 15 kg in 2 weeks every time. (TBH it’s just the weight I put on in the off season but still, 10+kg in 2 weeks shows that work can be one hell of a workout regime).

I worked in a maltings for year before I started my current office job stacking 25 or 50kg sacks of malt to make up 1 ton pallets. I was in the shape of my life at the job, never been fitter

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
Only another 55lbs to go to reach optimum low weight

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.059637
Mobile Version of Website