Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 22:23 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Or if anyone knows someone in the industry I could get a bike through that'd be neat Smile

I've just been waiting here, chillin' out.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 22:23 Quote
I mean, if you're offering to end me I'm game.

Ps why you awake, hi

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 22:24 Quote
dkidd wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Or if anyone knows someone in the industry I could get a bike through that'd be neat Smile

ye but your bikes are all sexy and four link and shit, not DW

god I need Joe to get a norco account

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 22:25 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
Oh and get some armour to protect your shoulder. My armour suit has saved me so many times.

Idk about shoulder armour but I use neck and spine and knee/shin protection with a full face. I can't get a DH because I do so much single track outside the park and need something pedalable. Currently looking at consumer direct for spec price. Nuke proof mega or commercial clash or Yt Capra

Get a DH bike and a cheap steel hardtail to thrash on trails.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 22:29 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Ps why you awake, hi

Oh wassup. Crankworx bruh; just got back to the condo. Taking a dump. You know.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 22:32 Quote
dkidd wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:

Yo D, what events you have going on in Oregon after the 1st? Particularly any in southern Oregon? I’d love to try out a Sight, and maybe even a Range if I could. Otherwise I’d get a GG Trail Pistol or Smash.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 22:37 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
dkidd wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:

Yo D, what events you have going on in Oregon after the 1st? Particularly any in southern Oregon? I’d love to try out a Sight, and maybe even a Range if I could. Otherwise I’d get a GG Trail Pistol or Smash.

Dude! Alsea Falls Shuttle Day is gonna be off the f*cking chain! I'm gonna show up a day early and hide a bunch of prizes and shit in the woods- anyone who demos gets a map. Gonna have all the bikes there and possibly some as-yet-unreleased shit that everyone is gonna piss themselves over. Maybe.
Also the grand prize is a private pre-release demo of said superbike.

Also I haven't visited our southern oregon dealers yet... that's gonna be late September I think. After Darkside fest.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 22:45 Quote
dkidd wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Ps why you awake, hi

While I get the jist, I ain't going several thousand miles to get ended. Need that close to home.

Keep wanting to lift up and f*ck off over went, but god it's a chore.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 23:03 Quote
dkidd wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Ps why you awake, hi

Mad jelly.. you should shoot over to the island and ride while you're out this way or something..

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 23:07 Quote
dkidd wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
dkidd wrote:

Dude! Alsea Falls Shuttle Day is gonna be off the f*cking chain! I'm gonna show up a day early and hide a bunch of prizes and shit in the woods- anyone who demos gets a map. Gonna have all the bikes there and possibly some as-yet-unreleased shit that everyone is gonna piss themselves over. Maybe.
Also the grand prize is a private pre-release demo of said superbike.

Also I haven't visited our southern oregon dealers yet... that's gonna be late September I think. After Darkside fest.

Sweet! That’s about a 4 hour drive from where I’ll be living. I’ll try and make an overnight trip out of it.
I’ll be in Ashland for at least 2 years so I’m sure whenever you have something going on down that way I’ll be in. Just really need to get something to replace my Stumpjumper. I’ll probably keep my hardtail around for shiggles.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 0:20 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Also cancelled my Marino order because I forgot who brought up a good point of it not possibly being tougher than my bike so don't want to risk it , any other ideas?

The clash Smile

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 0:27 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

There's a ton of extremely punchy steep climbs here. We lack elevation, not grade. 78.3 is absolutely garbage and the rear wheel spins pretty often as you have no weight over the back wheel. The rhetoric that steeper than 76 is helping climbing makes literally no sense. When you lack the weight on the back wheel to actual get traction on anything more than a fire road, and your body is so pitched forward that your arms are taking all the beating, it's just a bad feeling. I don't get it.

Theres a lot more than just seattube angle that goes into it, you also have to factor in sag, how much the bike bobs, chainstay length, where the seattube starts (behind, infront or on top of the BB), heattube angle, weight of the bike, weight of the rider, etc;. There at some point last year was a reason somebody gave a bike a 77-78° seattube angle. Its not all marketing bullshit...

Honestly, that is a lot of bullshit that literally everyone getting literally any full suspension bike has to get. It's complex. If you're into 78 seat angles, between you and me, as nicely as I can say, you're out to lunch and have literally no comprehension of how any of these angles amount, read less reviews and ride more. 78 is f*cking awful. It's literally all marketting and the satori is out of Kona's lineup for a reason. Stop drinking flavour aid. There is no situation that 78 makes sense, and if you've convinced yourself it is good, I'm hard out.

I got given this bike and I still can't love it. Be realistic about your ride. Trying to throw "hur dur sag" at me doesn't change my thoughts, it just makes you look trying.

Its all good man, not trying to prove you wrong, im just giving my view point on it. If youre not into its fine, i just think there are situations where it would be fine, the reach would have to be long though, like longer than 520 for it to be comfortable. If it feels shit on a bike with a shorter reach that makes sense. I haven't convinced myself i need a 78° seattube angle, otherwise I wouldve sold my kona and bought a pole or fezzari la Sal peak or somethin.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 3:56 Quote
I saw the norco in sea otter and my love is it reasonably priced

I need a job

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 4:12 Quote
Wait a min Jesp as you’ve got plenty of cougars to pimp

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 5:53 Quote
Have any of you lot used a t bar lift while on a bike?
It's so weird. Germans are strange bunch.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036151
Mobile Version of Website