Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
sosburn wrote:
just $140? wow.
i somehow ended up with a bmw x5 and definitely do not want a roof rack, so ill be selling my 4runner Frown and putting my 1up on the bmw for a real snobby whip haha. the hitch kit seems to be $160 but the installation looks a bit complex for me to do on a nice car so id probably have a mechanic do it.

Save all that money from the 4runner for repairing that x5

+1000. Or sell the BMW quickly and keep the 4runner and be happy you saved yourself from that mess.

Yeap, keep the 4runner

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
I'll be keeping my XJ around and getting a highway car, something like a Subaru Impreza, Chevy Spark, Ford Focus or Fiesta... Something along those lines. To me, seems way better to keep the 4Runner than trade up for an X5. Then again I want nothing to do with any German car (or European in general for that matter).

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
Its WRX for me for life. shit is so fun and fits a fullsize trail bike in the back.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
sosburn wrote:
just $140? wow.
i somehow ended up with a bmw x5 and definitely do not want a roof rack, so ill be selling my 4runner Frown and putting my 1up on the bmw for a real snobby whip haha. the hitch kit seems to be $160 but the installation looks a bit complex for me to do on a nice car so id probably have a mechanic do it.

+1000. Or sell the BMW quickly and keep the 4runner and be happy you saved yourself from that mess.

nah the 4runner is low-key bugging the shit out of me as of late, and i don't have the moneys to do the upgrades on it that i think it deserves so id rather sell it to some rich guy who will lift it, etc. my little brother has a rigged out tacoma for adventure-y things if needed but as i get ready to go to grad school i think those days are on the back burner for now.
i have to commute a decent amount and the BMW has electric motor witchcraft so mpg is pretty solid. plus it's under warranty for the next 5 years still so i think it should be ok. kind of a weird situation all together but oh well Confused

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 19:17 Quote
Oh Marin conundrums Razz

Good thing you're inheriting the warranty. But dump that shit as soon as it's up (unless you're going to grad school for a great paying job) and learn to change your own oil on it. Considering a shop will change you north of $100 for a change on that x5.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 19:45 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Its WRX for me for life. shit is so fun and fits a fullsize trail bike in the back.

My dream car is a 2014 Subaru wrx sti wagon, that would be sick for riding. Fit a whole bike bike in the back no problem, plus id probably never use the back seats so thats even more room. Definitely gonna have to get one in a 5spd manual.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 20:38 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Oh Marin conundrums Razz

Good thing you're inheriting the warranty. But dump that shit as soon as it's up (unless you're going to grad school for a great paying job) and learn to change your own oil on it. Considering a shop will change you north of $100 for a change on that x5.

Hahaha i know right, i honestly feel a little weird about it after driving an old 4runner for the last 5 years, but now i guess i’ll fit in when im at home.
Im going to grad school for pharmacy so im not too concerned about money, but doesnt mean i like spending it, DEFINITELY going to change oil myself though, no sense throwing away all that money

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 20:39 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:

My dream car is a 2014 Subaru wrx sti wagon, that would be sick for riding. Fit a whole bike bike in the back no problem, plus id probably never use the back seats so thats even more room. Definitely gonna have to get one in a 5spd manual.

My bud has one up for sale rn. Rigged out, has a hitch for a bike rack (which he used), i think its $15k which is a lot but i know nothing about wrx’s so Confused

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:

The STI is a 6 speed haha. but yeah, cool car.

and 15 for a hatch WRX sounds about right

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 21:10 Quote
sosburn wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

nah the 4runner is low-key bugging the shit out of me as of late, and i don't have the moneys to do the upgrades on it that i think it deserves so id rather sell it to some rich guy who will lift it, etc. my little brother has a rigged out tacoma for adventure-y things if needed but as i get ready to go to grad school i think those days are on the back burner for now.
i have to commute a decent amount and the BMW has electric motor witchcraft so mpg is pretty solid. plus it's under warranty for the next 5 years still so i think it should be ok. kind of a weird situation all together but oh well Confused

Admittedly BMW are very nice to drive, efficient and fun when they work. Don't keep it after warranty Wink

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 23:27 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
I'll be keeping my XJ around and getting a highway car, something like a Subaru Impreza, Chevy Spark, Ford Focus or Fiesta... Something along those lines. To me, seems way better to keep the 4Runner than trade up for an X5. Then again I want nothing to do with any German car (or European in general for that matter).
What you need to remember is most European cars Stateside are made in the U.S. or Mexico.
I was doing 85 to 90mph for about 80 miles in my Vito 3 days ago and still got 40mpg. I would like to upgrade to a V6 diesel one in a few years time, few a pretty basic tune they come up to 300bhp.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 1:00 Quote
The issue as far as I know is that while most garages here in europe have the proprietary tools to work on audi and such in usa are rather rare

Also the gas quality, european cars need fancy gas or the engine wi shit the bed rather quickly

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 1:20 Quote
How is it even a debate. To make a sweeping generalization

Europe cars >> Japanese/Korean cars >> US cars

The saving grace for Ford is that Opel continues to produce the worst cars.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 3:43 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
How is it even a debate. To make a sweeping generalization

Europe cars >> Japanese/Korean cars >> US cars

The saving grace for Ford is that Opel continues to produce the worst cars.

From a quality standpoint, sure yes.
To keep them running in the U.S., you can pretty much reverse the above order.
Once you leave the bigger cities, all you see is American cars.

Magura Smile

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 4:22 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
My only problem with the WRX/STI is that they are too low. Went on some two track stuff on Sunday with my Outback and thank god I have skid plates on there.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030288
Mobile Version of Website