Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
sosburn wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
Oh Marin conundrums Razz

Good thing you're inheriting the warranty. But dump that shit as soon as it's up (unless you're going to grad school for a great paying job) and learn to change your own oil on it. Considering a shop will change you north of $100 for a change on that x5.

Hahaha i know right, i honestly feel a little weird about it after driving an old 4runner for the last 5 years, but now i guess i’ll fit in when im at home.
Im going to grad school for pharmacy so im not too concerned about money, but doesnt mean i like spending it, DEFINITELY going to change oil myself though, no sense throwing away all that money
Make sure that you won't avoid said warranty by performing the oil change yourself.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
I'll be keeping my XJ around and getting a highway car, something like a Subaru Impreza, Chevy Spark, Ford Focus or Fiesta... Something along those lines. To me, seems way better to keep the 4Runner than trade up for an X5. Then again I want nothing to do with any German car (or European in general for that matter).
What you need to remember is most European cars Stateside are made in the U.S. or Mexico.
I was doing 85 to 90mph for about 80 miles in my Vito 3 days ago and still got 40mpg. I would like to upgrade to a V6 diesel one in a few years time, few a pretty basic tune they come up to 300bhp.

Where they’re made has very little to do with why I want nothing to do with a European car. Neither does their speed or gas efficiency. They’re fun cars and great and all, but they’re finicky and picky, and when they do break down, parts cost a fortune, and are an absolute pain in the ass to work on and cost even more to have someone else work on them. I loved my Jetta VR6, but I will not own another euro car unless I can afford to have someone else do all my maintenance. My family buys cars and keeps them until they turn to dust pretty much. We have them for a long time and put a lot of miles on them. US and Japanese cars make the most sense for us, at least here.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
I'll be keeping my XJ around and getting a highway car, something like a Subaru Impreza, Chevy Spark, Ford Focus or Fiesta... Something along those lines. To me, seems way better to keep the 4Runner than trade up for an X5. Then again I want nothing to do with any German car (or European in general for that matter).
What you need to remember is most European cars Stateside are made in the U.S. or Mexico.
I was doing 85 to 90mph for about 80 miles in my Vito 3 days ago and still got 40mpg. I would like to upgrade to a V6 diesel one in a few years time, few a pretty basic tune they come up to 300bhp.

Where they’re made has very little to do with why I want nothing to do with a European car. Neither does their speed or gas efficiency. They’re fun cars and great and all, but they’re finicky and picky, and when they do break down, parts cost a fortune, and are an absolute pain in the ass to work on and cost even more to have someone else work on them. I loved my Jetta VR6, but I will not own another euro car unless I can afford to have someone else do all my maintenance. My family buys cars and keeps them until they turn to dust pretty much. We have them for a long time and put a lot of miles on them. US and Japanese cars make the most sense for us, at least here.
Vito's 2.2 diesels tend to go on forever. I know of one that blew it OG turbo at 300000ish miles, it also burnt all its oil and drank all its water. Changed the turbo put some oil and water in it and off it went, I think it's now getting on for 350000 now. It's a strong engine. Your problem was you got a vw ????????????

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

Vito's 2.2 diesels tend to go on forever. I know of one that blew it OG turbo at 300000ish miles, it also burnt all its oil and drank all its water. Changed the turbo put some oil and water in it and off it went, I think it's now getting on for 350000 now. It's a strong engine. Your problem was you got a vw ????????????

I don’t know what the f*ck you Americans do to your cars but most post 2001 Brit/Euro cars will go for a long time. Don’t think my dad has had a car get under 200,000 miles on it since.

Heck, had all the signs of a mildly blown head gasket in the 02 Corsa I rag around, dumped some Radweld plus in it. The oil filter had also collapsed in on itself (god knows how long it’d been like that). Now runs better than ever and expect to get a good chunk of miles out of it. Thing takes some abuse.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 10:38 Quote
I’m pretty sure Americans put more miles on their cars and just simply drive longer distances more regularly. And y’all are talking miles, not kilos, right?

And deli, to my point, Vitos I’m pretty sure aren’t even sold here, and Benz diesels are rare as hell and come at such a premium that for most average people it doesn’t make sense to begin with, and then parts and labor on it would be unreal. Part of that is just our shit import laws. Domestic auto makers are only recently starting to dabble in diesel motors for domestic sale thanks to wanting to protect domestic ag instead of spurring competition.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
I worked on BMW's for 11 years and can tell you first hand any BMW product made after the e46/e83/e39 generation are disposable trash. Mercedes are also ticking time bombs.. Unfortunate because in the 90's Merc and Bimmer were the best cars out there. Now Toyota and Honda blow those overpriced piles of scrap out of the water in terms of quality.
Can't speak for most other European makes as I've only worked on some here and there.. but from what I've seen typically Japanese are head and shoulders better than the germans on everything except driving experience.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
That's like, your opinion man

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
I’m pretty sure Americans put more miles on their cars and just simply drive longer distances more regularly. And y’all are talking miles, not kilos, right?

And deli, to my point, Vitos I’m pretty sure aren’t even sold here, and Benz diesels are rare as hell and come at such a premium that for most average people it doesn’t make sense to begin with, and then parts and labor on it would be unreal. Part of that is just our shit import laws. Domestic auto makers are only recently starting to dabble in diesel motors for domestic sale thanks to wanting to protect domestic ag instead of spurring competition.

54,000 miles this year, its a Skoda, 45-60 mpg, tyres and disks and had to empty the ash tray a couple of times.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
iffy wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

54,000 miles this year, its a Skoda, 45-60 mpg, tyres and disks and had to empty the ash tray a couple of times.

Oh, you drove around the earth twice, and then some. That’s cool.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 13:38 Quote
jespinal wrote:

*professional opinion

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
jespinal wrote:

*professional opinion
And factual opinion. I wish I could still get the Japanese made reliability of my family’s older Subaru’s and Toyota’s in new Subarus and Toyotas

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 14:46 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
How is it even a debate. To make a sweeping generalization

Europe cars >> Japanese/Korean cars >> US cars

The saving grace for Ford is that Opel continues to produce the worst cars.
Yh man vauxhall literally the poor mans ford

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
iffy wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Oh, you drove around the earth twice, and then some. That’s cool.

not really... somehow I'm still in the same shithole of an island lol

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 17:14 Quote
Idk if I give a flying fack anymore. Most likely gonna custom build a Marino. Can’t find any good deals on anything else

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 17:15 Quote
Tried to keep up to Blenki on a trailride this morning. Dude is f*cked up fast. It was sick.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032513
Mobile Version of Website